Original topic:

Note 9 Display Problem - Green Screen

(Topic created on: 05-14-2020 10:05 AM)
sidzoom
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

My galaxy Note 9 has started giving a green screen out of no where since this morning. Its very surprising how the screen turned green with horizontal lines while I was using the phone. So no drop, nothing bump the phone was in my hand and was showing the normal screen and suddenly the the screen turned green. I have tried restarting the phone and the after a few restarts the screen becomes normal but after some time again becomes green. 

I have tried looking for the solution on many other forums and youtube and came across that a lot of these cases are reported by many users all across. I doubt its an hardware issue as the display keeps correcting itself but its not usable since the screen has a lag and hardly anything can be seen due to the green tint.  Anybody has faced this issue here and aware about any solutions for this seriously disappointing widespread issue in the flagship model within 1.5 yrs of purchase and that too without any external physical damage to the phone. 

114 Comments
Nanoblanket
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I had the same problem start yesterday.  Came on and off getting gradually worse over the day until my phone was pretty much unusable.  At its worst it would be usable for a few seconds from when i turned the screen on until it completely 'greened out'.  I managed to do a restart in safe mode but it was still giving the same green screen. Then after a few tries I got it to restart back to normal mode and it's now fixed!  A few things have been changed after the restart like the keyboard is different and my theme and wallpaper is back to default, but no green screen! No idea what happened but maybe it will work for you?  Good luck!

**Update**  Turns out this fix was only temporary.  My phone was fine all yesterday and today the same problem has started again... :'-(

0 Likes
Alex_liashenko
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Try to use OLED saver from Play Store

Set:

Use Pixel filtering - Yes

Brightness -  60

Basic Physical Brightness - 255

And WQHD+ resolution.

For me its not solve the problem, but I can use  my phone at least.

0 Likes
Jmtp
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

There's an update happened last week and still, it does not fix the problem. Does anyone here make the color green screen disappear after an update? Because my note 9 screen is still green..

0 Likes
sguser20
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I bought note 9 in Nov 2018. By Aug 2019, I experienced green screen problem and sent for repair under warranty. Samsung even replaced the battery F.O.C. Less than a year later, green screen problem resurfaced.  This time Samsung quoted me SGD310 just to repair! I told the staff I do not play games, watch videos with my mobile phone; just read news, make calls and messaging. Samsung should fix this for free out of goodwill since this is not unique to a single user. My iphone  6 phone/screen is still usable despite older! Note 9 is mine first samsung phone and probably the last given this bad experience!

0 Likes
Anish974
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

My Galaxy Note 9 also face the same issue since 1 week. And today its permenant green, and also screen is unresponsive. No physical damage whatsoever.

Already tried the following and didnt help;

Safe mode, 

Factory reset, 

When I took this phone to the nearest Samsung service center they said, if Reset doesnt work, then they cannot fix this. When asked them so what to do with the phone now, they said, Ok get a new Samsung phone. Problem solved !

How can the company be so irresponsible. As a customer I have spend a fortune on this flagship phone in the year 2018. Two years of use, and should I throw it in garbage ?

Oh and by the wayMy friend's phone also faced the same issue a year before and he had to buy a new phone. He also warned me this might happen to my phone, and Yes it happened. I can see many others also facing same issue.

Why isn't Samsung not responding, and if the authorized service centers dont help,
as a disgruntled customer what are my options.

e: anishadimury1@gmail.com

0 Likes
aadi1899
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
samsung please do something about this green screen issue everyone is facing it and the fix is 18000 I am never going to buy a samsung phone in my life again
0 Likes
Husinhartono
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I faced the same green screen since a month ago.  I have been using note 3, note 5,note 8, samsung tab s6 , this note 9. This is a very disappointing experience given it has just been 1.5 years of usage. I am waiting for the response in Indonesia.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Samsung not want to solve this issues bcz if solve then how to collect 18000 inr and protection plan from many old customers..with from new customers also..
0 Likes
Lonewolff
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
hi team,
from last month am facing this green screen issue and it's occurring frequently. is there any software issue. am little worried about this, kindly advise that can we fix this issue permanently?
0 Likes
Schnitter
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I already bought a oneplus 7 pro as that is the 2nd best phone in my eyes. I like the note 9 more than even the new note 20, but I will not buy another Samsung product until Samsung fixes this for us. Everyone hoping a software update will fix this is wrong. Restart your phone and you'll see the green screen upon boot, that is a hardware problem. No way I'll buy another note 9 either because then this can happen to it again.