Original topic:

Note 9 Display Problem - Green Screen

(Topic created on: 05-14-2020 10:05 AM)
sidzoom
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

My galaxy Note 9 has started giving a green screen out of no where since this morning. Its very surprising how the screen turned green with horizontal lines while I was using the phone. So no drop, nothing bump the phone was in my hand and was showing the normal screen and suddenly the the screen turned green. I have tried restarting the phone and the after a few restarts the screen becomes normal but after some time again becomes green. 

I have tried looking for the solution on many other forums and youtube and came across that a lot of these cases are reported by many users all across. I doubt its an hardware issue as the display keeps correcting itself but its not usable since the screen has a lag and hardly anything can be seen due to the green tint.  Anybody has faced this issue here and aware about any solutions for this seriously disappointing widespread issue in the flagship model within 1.5 yrs of purchase and that too without any external physical damage to the phone. 

114 Comments
jimdbrow
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Mine has been doing this for about 2 months now. It is crazy that there is no fix for this yet. I think it is time to switch cell phones.

JoeF
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

My Note 9 started suffering from the Green Screen issue around April/May 2021.  At that time I assumed it was a bug and would be fixed in a later software update.

But 6 months later it is still a issue.  Looking here I still see no fix, acknowledgement or apology from Samsung.  Is there any acknowledgement from Samsung of this issue?

Also this issue seems to have affected some people earlier - back in May 2020  

Is this a hardware issue so that no software fix can correct it?

Setting the brightness to one level would not be a fix and could have health and safety  implications.

Are there any other forums or social media with more information on this issue?

Thank you.

zompyrak
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Unfortunately i have the same problem , 3 years purchase .

I no longer trust Samsung

kahnan
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

HELLO I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE

I am very disapointed by this pb, I bought my ohone 4 years ago now, I don't have money to buy another one... what is happening what is the solution to avoid this green screen ?

0 Likes
Wysockib
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

This may have already been mentioned earlier in the thread. But one work around I found for this is to turn on Always On Display. You can turn this on by going to Lock Screen in the settings. With this on, my screen seems to work ok. For a while, I had it set so that the Always On Display would only show when I tapped the screen. If I unlocked the phone without tapping first, the screen would be green and unreadable. But If I tap first, it shows normal. 

0 Likes