Original topic:

Samsung Note 20 Ultra Green Line Issue - Seeking Community Insights

(Topic created on: 01-05-2024 06:21 PM)
IamMANU
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey fellow forum members,
(The Update thread is at the end of the full issue description with date wise chronology)

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered an unusual problem with my Samsung Note 20 Ultra, and I'm curious if anyone else has faced a similar issue or has any insights.

Recently, a persistent green line has appeared on my Note 20 Ultra's screen, and what's perplexing is that there's no visible physical damage to the device. I've taken good care of it, and it's been functioning flawlessly until now.📱💚

I've tried basic troubleshooting steps like restarting the device and checking for any software updates, but the issue persists. It's not affecting the functionality of the phone, but the presence of this green line is definitely a cause for concern.

Has anyone in this community experienced something similar? If so, were you able to find a solution, or did you seek assistance from Samsung support?

Samsung Mobile India , if you're monitoring this forum, any advice or guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm a loyal Samsung user, and this unexpected issue has left me scratching my head.

The same thing has happened with one of my S20+ also without any damage

I'm open to any suggestions or experiences you all might have had with similar problems. Let's share our knowledge and help each other out!🤝 #SamsungNote20Ultra #GreenLineIssue #CommunityHelp

Day 1- 5 Jan 2024
I have talked with Customer Care They have told me to take my NOTE 20 ULTRA for a physical inspection at nearby service centre .I will go and will share update in thread

Day 2- 6 Jan 2024
I had visited nearest samsung care. They told me that the this problem can be solved by changing display only.I told them that this has happened after Update so they told me that yes many cases are coming but This cases can only be entertain on free display replacement if device is under 3 years purchase.So I told them that I have filed an complain regarding this already And Im in talk for samsung India headoffice and they told me to get a physical inspection of device. So they have done physical inspection and told that device is ok No Physical Breakage and damage detected. Now im awaiting a call from samsung regarding this

Day-7- 11 Jan 2024
Received Call from samsung India headquarters, after reviewing my complain and seeing proper diagnosis of devices samsung has agreed to replace my display for free. I just need to pay them a charge of Rs. 620 (Labour). I will deposit my handset on Saturday i.e. 13 Jan 2024 . Will Update my full experience now of visiting and samsung service centre behaviour after I Get my handset display replaced.

Day-10 14 Jan 2024
Received my handset in just 2 hours Samsung replace the required part for free that resolved my issue.

Attached is the Video of the issue
Green Line After Update.

Green Line 

11 Comments
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your query, as you have already done the possible troubleshooting steps on your device, we would request you kindly visit the service center and inspect your device with the technical team end, they will provide you with all the information in a better way after inspecting the device physically.

You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
IamMANU
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I had visited nearest samsung care. They told me that the this problem can be solved by changing display only.I told them that this has happened after Update so they told me that yes many cases are coming but This cases can only be entertain on free display replacement if device is under 3 years purchase.So I told them that I have filed an complain regarding this already And Im in talk for samsung India headoffice and they told me to get a physical inspection of device. So they have done physical inspection and told that device is ok No Physical Breakage and damage detected. Now im awaiting a call from samsung regarding this
0 Likes
roshankk
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Bro this is samsung business because Display replacement cost 21,000 this time samsung can earn extra profit through replacement. Imagine how many indian peoples ate using high end device they are all replace. Bro I'm facing this issue now. I'm going to complaint consumer cort
0 Likes
IamMANU
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I HAVE FILED A COMPLAIN WITH CONSUMER FORUM ON DAY 1.
IT IS WORK IN PROCESS ONLY. AND YEAH AMOLED DISPLAY AND GREEN LINE IS AN KNOWN ISSUE IN SAMSUNG FLAGSHIPS NOW AFTER UPDATES. SAMSUNG IS NOT ACKNOWLEDGING THIS OTHERWISE MANY USER WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR REPLACEMENT. ONE PLUS USERS FACED SAME ISSUE, IPHONE 13 14 PRO SERIES FACED SAME DISPLAY ISSUE.. THEY ALL REPLACED DISPLAY FOR FREE. HOPE SAMSUNG ACKNOWLEDGE IT FAST
0 Likes
roshankk
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Bro ask compansation because samsung can earn more profit through this issue premium users will replace their phones display for paid. I'm asking compansation.
0 Likes
roshankk
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
One time 2022 samsung replaced my phone display due to the same issue now again this same issue came. 2022 I filled a consumer case against samsung. Now I'm planning
0 Likes
IamMANU
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yeah In this Case You Can ask for device replacement or upgrade
0 Likes
IamMANU
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Actually the thing is...There are many clause which samsung has already submitted to INDIA GOV after mobile and electronics rules changes..So Compensation is not possible ,what max they can do is just to change the display for free..I think so..
roshankk
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
👍 thankyou for this information.
0 Likes