Original topic:

Note 9 Display Problem - Green Screen

(Topic created on: 05-14-2020 10:05 AM)
sidzoom
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

My galaxy Note 9 has started giving a green screen out of no where since this morning. Its very surprising how the screen turned green with horizontal lines while I was using the phone. So no drop, nothing bump the phone was in my hand and was showing the normal screen and suddenly the the screen turned green. I have tried restarting the phone and the after a few restarts the screen becomes normal but after some time again becomes green. 

I have tried looking for the solution on many other forums and youtube and came across that a lot of these cases are reported by many users all across. I doubt its an hardware issue as the display keeps correcting itself but its not usable since the screen has a lag and hardly anything can be seen due to the green tint.  Anybody has faced this issue here and aware about any solutions for this seriously disappointing widespread issue in the flagship model within 1.5 yrs of purchase and that too without any external physical damage to the phone. 

114 Comments
Galaxy Note
A lot of people facing this issue cus of bug in march update (I hope this is a bug in your case too).

So lets hope it will be fixed in next update.
Maher_Alsayid
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

This works perfectly for me at the moment, turning off adaptive brightness and bringing the screen light down to a level that the green screen is gone. try it out hope it helps

RominaFlummi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hey guys,

I am getting this now since the last Update.

When can we expect this to be fixed?

I am doing a lot of work with my phone, hence my choice of the Note 9 as the biggest most user friendly phone and storage system. 

The World needs this to be fixed! 

amitsiddhpura123
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Yes, I am facing same issue, may be Samsung will fix this in OneUI 2.5, or they also don't want to resolve this issue so user can buy new phone .

Lauki
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
March security update has been the culprit. The May patch should fix this.
Azar27
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
yeh ! iv faced this too lets hope for the good in may update
DEVIL1613
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
yes brother same here...
RahulS99
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Same issue guys 

Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned step to resolve the issue:

Check device in Safe Mode.
1. Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears.
2. Press and hold the power off icon.
To exit safe mode just restart your device.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes