Original topic:

Note 9 Display Problem - Green Screen

(Topic created on: 05-14-2020 10:05 AM)
sidzoom
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

My galaxy Note 9 has started giving a green screen out of no where since this morning. Its very surprising how the screen turned green with horizontal lines while I was using the phone. So no drop, nothing bump the phone was in my hand and was showing the normal screen and suddenly the the screen turned green. I have tried restarting the phone and the after a few restarts the screen becomes normal but after some time again becomes green. 

I have tried looking for the solution on many other forums and youtube and came across that a lot of these cases are reported by many users all across. I doubt its an hardware issue as the display keeps correcting itself but its not usable since the screen has a lag and hardly anything can be seen due to the green tint.  Anybody has faced this issue here and aware about any solutions for this seriously disappointing widespread issue in the flagship model within 1.5 yrs of purchase and that too without any external physical damage to the phone. 

114 Comments
sidzoom
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Customer Support,

I tried turning the device in safe mode as well but the yellow screen with horizontal lines and overheating problem persists. The issue remains both in Safe and Normal mode. Looking at various forums and platforms it is clearly evident many users has been hit by this phenomenon and Samsung should find a resolution for this and deliver the same. When there are so many users facing the same problem with the erstwhile FLAGSHIP model there is something common from your end rather individual devices. 

Looking forward for a prompt response and even faster resolution.

Thanks.

Siddharth

sidzoom
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Additionally, I have also send the error reports through Samsung Member app as mentioned by you in your reply to my post. I can just hope Samsung looks into this resolves the problem. 

sidzoom
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
AK0101
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
So ,

You have been giving same suggestions to everyone out there. And still none of the Note 9 users are able to resolve this issue. Why is it so hard to digest for Samsung that it started after March update. Don't you think you should provide us the right update regarding this issue.

Or at least have the guts to accept that indeed this is Samsung fault.

This would be my last Samsung device.
Wengel1959
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

it did not work. when will this be addressed by samsung?

0 Likes
sumitgera
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Dear team,

the resolution provided is not helpful, as the screen is still the same.

please provide a concrete resolution to the problem and how is samsung going to take care of it.

hoping for a prompt response.

V-Rave
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hi...Im also facing the same prob. But for now, my remedy are as follows; I 'on' Always on display function. Then i lock my phone. I will then double tap the top right or left of my screen until the time / date lights up. Dbl tap home button or press lock unlock button to go to pattern/ number unlock. For my note 9, i used the fingerprint sensor at the back. Thats it. It works 100% of the time fr me..Hope this helps. Good luck.

0 Likes
Tientv
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note

It worked for me just only 1 months, after that my Note 9 still have same prob

0 Likes
cfc250
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

This is basically the same workaround I'm using. I turned on 'Always on Display'. But, i also have it set to 'show as scheduled' with 5:30 am to 10:00 pm (not that the time window really matters). By having this show all day, I don't need to tap the screen to wake the 'Always on Display'. Next, I have the 'Auto Brightness' for the 'Always on Display' [important distinction here]....set to the lowest level..all the way to the left. This brightness level pertains to the Always on Display only, nothing else. With the brightness this low, you can barely see the time/date, which may help conserve the battery. Bottom line here,  as long as you can see the 'Always on Display', then the issue does not occur when unlocking. Fingerprint or 'unlock' button, not matter...this works! If you don't see the date/time, it's too soon and you'll get the green blurry screen.    

0 Likes
LJ77
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hi  Samsung support 

I have completed your advise however still have green screen. Can I send the mobile in to be fixed. My next point of contact will be the ACCC if this is not sorted. We spend the money to have this phone. Your update has caused this issue.