Original topic:

Note 9 Display Problem - Green Screen

(Topic created on: 05-14-2020 10:05 AM)
sidzoom
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

My galaxy Note 9 has started giving a green screen out of no where since this morning. Its very surprising how the screen turned green with horizontal lines while I was using the phone. So no drop, nothing bump the phone was in my hand and was showing the normal screen and suddenly the the screen turned green. I have tried restarting the phone and the after a few restarts the screen becomes normal but after some time again becomes green. 

I have tried looking for the solution on many other forums and youtube and came across that a lot of these cases are reported by many users all across. I doubt its an hardware issue as the display keeps correcting itself but its not usable since the screen has a lag and hardly anything can be seen due to the green tint.  Anybody has faced this issue here and aware about any solutions for this seriously disappointing widespread issue in the flagship model within 1.5 yrs of purchase and that too without any external physical damage to the phone. 

114 Comments
Galaxy Note
I m very sad and have option only pay charges 18000 inr for repair note9..to Samsung service center..not use my phone since March 2020.. last time software update but nothing solve this greeny screen problem.. dear friends if u have any solution plz share..
0 Likes
Maher_Alsayid
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Yes, this works perfectly for me at the moment, turning off adaptive brightness and bringing the screen light down to a level that the green screen is gone.

0 Likes
Mo1010
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Dears

I have the same issue, screen turned green while I was working,  out of no where, become dark with horizontal lines, progressed in less than a minute into uncontrolled touch screen.

I found on the internet people stating its due to the malfunction of the adaptive feature (for screen) , thus by covering the light sensor, at the top of the phone,  I was able to reach setting and disable adaptive feature there , then set brightness to minimum to gain control on the phone,

luckily I was able to do back up under those conditions ( low brightness), 

clearly its Samsung issue, I never buy expensive Samsung phone anymore.

0 Likes
Sameer2712
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
my phone is updated and tried in both normal and safe mode still getting the issue
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
after update.. not solve issue.. friends any advice..my last option only now paid money to service center...bcz I want resail but no any take 2nd hand on this status..
0 Likes
AK0101
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
All indian Users of Note 9

Please follow this link to escalate to CEO help desk

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/write-to-our-ceo/
0 Likes
Samsung_YlW2DFZ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

This will be fixed free of cost by Samsung even outside warranty phones. Contact customer care asap. 

0 Likes
Schnitter
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I'd like to believe this, but there is no official Samsung post that claims this.

0 Likes
marcdesnoi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

green screen even if I do the brightness down and up again

0 Likes
diana5678
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I experienced the same problem for the past 2 days. I wanted to factory reset it since reading all the comments it seems to be the problem from the recent software update. I managed to temporary stop the green screen problem by placing my phone in the fridge for about 10 minutes at least. It cooled the screen and the green effect was gone for a while, just enough time for me to log in and factory reset the phone.

If necessary, you can connect it to a desktop immediately first after logging in so that you can back up the phone either through files or samsung dex. After resetting I did not update any preinstalled apps just to be safe. Will need to look into which specific update that caused this problem in the first place.

Hope this helps for anyone out there! Also Samsung seriously need to solve this problem. The phone is still new and yet this happened.  Disappointing Samsung.

0 Likes