Original topic:

Note 9 Display Problem - Green Screen

(Topic created on: 07-23-2020 07:18 PM)
sidzoom
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

My galaxy Note 9 has started giving a green screen out of no where since this morning. Its very surprising how the screen turned green with horizontal lines while I was using the phone. So no drop, nothing bump the phone was in my hand and was showing the normal screen and suddenly the the screen turned green. I have tried restarting the phone and the after a few restarts the screen becomes normal but after some time again becomes green. 

I have tried looking for the solution on many other forums and youtube and came across that a lot of these cases are reported by many users all across. I doubt its an hardware issue as the display keeps correcting itself but its not usable since the screen has a lag and hardly anything can be seen due to the green tint.  Anybody has faced this issue here and aware about any solutions for this seriously disappointing widespread issue in the flagship model within 1.5 yrs of purchase and that too without any external physical damage to the phone. 

114 Comments
Galaxy Note
note9 screen problem comes green and cant do any thing..what is solution.. customer service center person asked to change display and cost 18000 inr.. plz any budy give advice..
0 Likes
GOKUSSGSSB
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hey buddy, you can download PWMfree app from chrome and enable it, this helped me, and I'm not willing to spend 19k on my phone after already spending 67k for it. I don't know for how long this app can help before my phone dies out but yeah it works
0 Likes
Amit7841
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
hi same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note 9.i think its waste of money to buy costly fone like Samsung brand ... i thik Samsung should learn from other competitor in market or plz stop to make fool to your customers. or else solve it without cost.
0 Likes
MNIQ
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Extremely disappointed

this is their flagship phone.

Now  they require us to send the phone to Sydney for repair, which will take around two weeks (we are in Qld)

and we have to arrange replacement device for that period.

Samsung has sales kiosks in Brisbane but they didn't offer any loan device.

Never recommended this brand.

Galaxy Note
I will never purchase Samsung mobile again .. my note9 not working..same problem
TwT
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Currectly facing this right after the update. It works perfectly before the update. I contacted the CS, they claimed they received no complain about this and asked me to pay 200HKD for checking the device. OBVIOUSLY THEY LIED. What an irresponsible company.

gpzmail
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Weird! Cover top left sensor and can survive... Is this Samsung trick to ask people buy new phone or ditch samsung!

0 Likes
lencha
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
I have the same issue. In my case if I restart my device then the samsung logo comes proper but then all of a sudden the green screen appears. I have tried all possible ways provided to me but none worked. My device has never faced any fall or hit. Everything works fine. While unplugging the charger the screen suddenly turned green. Why is samsung not paying attention to this. I have been a dedicated samsung user for many years.
0 Likes
MyselfVishal
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Got mine into this too. For the time being I am keeping the device at lowest brightness. It's really bad for such a big brand.
0 Likes
gpzmail
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Yes that works. In bright light make difficult to see the screen

0 Likes