Original topic:

Note 9 Display Problem - Green Screen

(Topic created on: 11-14-2020 10:34 PM)
sidzoom
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

My galaxy Note 9 has started giving a green screen out of no where since this morning. Its very surprising how the screen turned green with horizontal lines while I was using the phone. So no drop, nothing bump the phone was in my hand and was showing the normal screen and suddenly the the screen turned green. I have tried restarting the phone and the after a few restarts the screen becomes normal but after some time again becomes green. 

I have tried looking for the solution on many other forums and youtube and came across that a lot of these cases are reported by many users all across. I doubt its an hardware issue as the display keeps correcting itself but its not usable since the screen has a lag and hardly anything can be seen due to the green tint.  Anybody has faced this issue here and aware about any solutions for this seriously disappointing widespread issue in the flagship model within 1.5 yrs of purchase and that too without any external physical damage to the phone. 

114 Comments
Samsung_qkELm2e
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I try the adaptive screen turning off

It doesn't help still the green dark screen 

Only ok if I restart 

Any help

0 Likes
YRSS
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Same issue is faced by me since 25 days . What to do now ???
0 Likes
mireyMV
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
same issue and dissapointing response from samsung..been a note customer long time. time to switch
0 Likes
aruns2020
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
very disgusting and disappointed with Samsung. I face this issue since March 2020 and tried all the tricks from samsung forum, but all temporary.

as someone mentioned, this company has started giving low quality stuff and the malfunctioning software updates.

sure, this is going to be my last phone with Samsung.
0 Likes
Rzwan1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I developed this same issue October-2020. The screen is green in low brightness. And the crazy thing is I never updated my phone since I bought it, brand new, a year ago. This issue developed exactly after my 1 year warrenty expired in September. And I have never dropped or even bumped my phone. I use it as a computing/movie watching phone and rarely even take it outside.

They are now asking half the price of the phone to replace the display. This is clearly a manufacturing issue, and not related to any updates. My last Samsung phone for sure. 

0 Likes
Bashc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Even i got the same issue green tint and decolourization on Note 9, i tried all troubleshooting posted online but none worked, luckily issue happened 2 days before warranty expiration date, I went to service center just a day before the last day of my manufacture warranty , no diagnostic done immediately after seeing the phone tech said screen replacement has to be done, parts were ordered and I'd waited for a week they replaced the screen and battery as well (which I didn't requested) and now the phone looks brand new they added screen guard awell which is anti fingerprint one. I'm satisfied with the service but clingy part is so many phones works only for a year post which we should throw it off as per samsung logic. Have decided will use this phone until it works have to throw it off and move to other reliable brands.
0 Likes
Kjueckstock
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

My Note 9 just started doing this today.  Very random.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  The update a few weeks ago didn't fix it 

scorpionfloyd
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Same issue for me since September  2020.  Unbelievable and unfathomable that Samsung is not doing anything to fix this issue  https://twitter.com/floydthescorpio/status/1330601427237003266

VERY FRUSTRATING...

LH44
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Been a couple of months now since this problem. Samsung has not yet fixed this problem. RIP Samsung.
0 Likes
Malkolms
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Me too. Green screen becomes unresponsive. Have to put Note9 in freezer for a few minutes to get it back working. Samsung Customer services have no idea what to suggest other than get a new screen. But there are no screens in stock so Samsung cannot replace mine

0 Likes