Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

A51 Battery Drain issue

(Topic created on: 08-20-2020 12:49 PM)
SillyRat
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy A
So this phone is brand new delivered on 17th of August  2020.
And I am disappointed with the battery life is giving me. Apps like Instagram are draining like 2% in 4 minutes and zoom took 8% in an hour.
Till 18 google app was using more than 20% in background. I had to disable it and trust me if iI have to disable some functions that are useful then this is not a modern phone.
Am I supposed to disable the main things that make a phone a smartphone.
I WANT A QUICK SOLUTION SAMSUNG!!
I am super disappointed.
And people thinking that I am here to defame Samsung, No its not that I have paid for this phone almost 23k so I can atleast expect some support. 
I am adding screenshots too just for reference.
My phone is currently running on one ui 2.1 latest update with altz life.
Help

0 Likes

12 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
as of now do these settings to save more battery life

1. Connection>more connections settings> disable nearby device settings

2. Location>improve accuracy >disable
A. Wifi scanning
B. Bluetooth scanning .

3. Google >click on 3dot>usage and diagnostics >off this option

4. developer option >background limit>no background processes.

5. Long press on each app specially 3rd party and rarely used app>app info>

A. Mobile data> allow background data usage>off

B. Battery >allow background activity >off

C. Notification >disable unnecessary notifications like promotional and unnecessary reminder notifications.

6. Device care>battery >select "optimised and adaptive power saving.

Steps to enable developer option
settings >about phone>software information >then u find build number >tap 7 times>then back to settings
and at end of settings one new option called developer option
click on it and find that option

then go to settings >apps>search Google >notifications >and disable all unnecessary notification as Google has huge notifications settings which consuming lots of battery.

View solution in context

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
see may be you simply update software by using mobile data or wifi..
if it's like that then this will happened only....Samsung provides non A B partition Type Ota software not like other companies A B partition Type Ota hence simply update by mobile data or wifi brings software holes over software and create various types of issues in devices like battery drain faster, ui lag,poor signal, poor game performance, bad photo quality, ghost touch etc ..it's never proper process or recommended.....the software always needed to be installed via smart switch and pc 🖥 or better flash from service center or odin......if software holes present in software then none of the tricks or tips will helpful....factory reset can clean few software glitch but not totally .....if mobile data or wifi is process then none of the same devices will get different different types of issues by same software...thatswhy Samsung introduced smart switch that people can get software holes free highest performance of device but people do same mistakes repeatedly and facing problems by which this forum is full with...download software especially in Samsung devices by mobile data or little fluctuate wifi never been acurate and recommended process

View solution in context

Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
brother @Silly definitely these settings would work for you as I have see most battery drain due to google
so do set as I described to Google.

View solution in context

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
now you only can flash last firmware from service center...next time when security patch arrived then use smart switch and pc to install that it's recommended process only

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
bro if you satisfied with my comments then please accept my solution by clicking 3 dots on my comments 🙂

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
download smart switch in devices ( most of device it's pre installed) download same version of smart switch in your pc 🖥....connect both by data cable..it will automatically notify if there will be any software update available....click to install it simple process...from next time do this ..now flash it

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
ok now , do one more settings
go to settings >
google>
account service >
search, assistant and voice>
google assistant >
click on 3 dot
click on
google activity control
and disable the option
1. Web & App activity
2. Location History
3. YouTube History

As due to these settings on Google always tracking which consuming more battery

View solution in context

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
flash means reinstall total system firmware....it needs odin tool..but better to do from service center if someone don't know proper process

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
if you want to update in future through smart switch then this is the procedure
for your general information only

1. Connect the mobile device to the computer with the USB cable.

2. Download smart swich for pc Open Smart Switch on your computer.
3. If a software update is available for your device, Smart Switch automatically prompts you to update.

4. Click Update to begin downloading the necessary files.

5. Click OK to proceed. Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. When the update is complete, the device returns to the Home screen.

Note:
1. If you haven't plugged in to your computer before, tap Allow on the pop-up on your phone to give it access.

2. If Smart Switch doesn't recognize the phone, click the menu in Smart Switch and click Reinstall device driver then restart.

5)After a few moments, your phone will be recognized by Smart Switch and you'll see several options on the main screen for backing up and restoring. You do not need to back up or restore your phone to initiate an update.

6)A software check is performed when you plug in, and Smart Switch will list your current software details. If there is a software update available for your phone, you'll be notified on the main screen.

7)If available, Click Update to install the latest software. It will download first to your computer, then sideload to your phone.

but keep in mind that the update is big in size compared to ota update

View solution in context

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
yes you can do that ....wait for next security patch update if you are feeling device not creating too much issue

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
wait brother till next update or visit service centre and get reinstall your software update if possible

View solution in context

Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
don't worry brother
this time hopefully you will enjoy new software 😁😁😊
and just don't be panic for this update software 😉😉

View solution in context

53 Comments
Vicky_A52
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
send feedback brother to Samsung regarding battery draining fast
0 Likes
SillyRat
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I sent a feedback I think a bot replied giving me a long list telling me to turn off my data and other things.
I'll wait for the next update and tif it is still not fixed then maybe I'll ask for a replacement.
😊
0 Likes
vivek006
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
Nope Samsung isn't gonna replace brother as far I know..
SillyRat
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
@vivek006
I mean I have bought yhis phone directly from them no third-party seller was involved.
They should atleast replace.
If thats the deal then this might be my last Samsung phone.
thanks for the reply though 👍
0 Likes
Vicky_A52
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
wait for the next update Samsung will fix it soon by next update
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
as of now do these settings to save more battery life

1. Connection>more connections settings> disable nearby device settings

2. Location>improve accuracy >disable
A. Wifi scanning
B. Bluetooth scanning .

3. Google >click on 3dot>usage and diagnostics >off this option

4. developer option >background limit>no background processes.

5. Long press on each app specially 3rd party and rarely used app>app info>

A. Mobile data> allow background data usage>off

B. Battery >allow background activity >off

C. Notification >disable unnecessary notifications like promotional and unnecessary reminder notifications.

6. Device care>battery >select "optimised and adaptive power saving.

Steps to enable developer option
settings >about phone>software information >then u find build number >tap 7 times>then back to settings
and at end of settings one new option called developer option
click on it and find that option

then go to settings >apps>search Google >notifications >and disable all unnecessary notification as Google has huge notifications settings which consuming lots of battery.
SillyRat
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
thanks will try
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
brother @Silly definitely these settings would work for you as I have see most battery drain due to google
so do set as I described to Google.
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
and if it will work for you then please do accept as solution by clicking on 3dot