Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

A51 Battery Drain issue

(Topic created on: 08-20-2020 04:58 PM)
SillyRat
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy A
So this phone is brand new delivered on 17th of August  2020.
And I am disappointed with the battery life is giving me. Apps like Instagram are draining like 2% in 4 minutes and zoom took 8% in an hour.
Till 18 google app was using more than 20% in background. I had to disable it and trust me if iI have to disable some functions that are useful then this is not a modern phone.
Am I supposed to disable the main things that make a phone a smartphone.
I WANT A QUICK SOLUTION SAMSUNG!!
I am super disappointed.
And people thinking that I am here to defame Samsung, No its not that I have paid for this phone almost 23k so I can atleast expect some support. 
I am adding screenshots too just for reference.
My phone is currently running on one ui 2.1 latest update with altz life.
Help

0 Likes
53 Comments
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
if you want to update in future through smart switch then this is the procedure
for your general information only

1. Connect the mobile device to the computer with the USB cable.

2. Download smart swich for pc Open Smart Switch on your computer.
3. If a software update is available for your device, Smart Switch automatically prompts you to update.

4. Click Update to begin downloading the necessary files.

5. Click OK to proceed. Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. When the update is complete, the device returns to the Home screen.

Note:
1. If you haven't plugged in to your computer before, tap Allow on the pop-up on your phone to give it access.

2. If Smart Switch doesn't recognize the phone, click the menu in Smart Switch and click Reinstall device driver then restart.

5)After a few moments, your phone will be recognized by Smart Switch and you'll see several options on the main screen for backing up and restoring. You do not need to back up or restore your phone to initiate an update.

6)A software check is performed when you plug in, and Smart Switch will list your current software details. If there is a software update available for your phone, you'll be notified on the main screen.

7)If available, Click Update to install the latest software. It will download first to your computer, then sideload to your phone.

but keep in mind that the update is big in size compared to ota update
SillyRat
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
**bleep** I wont flash it then all I can do now is wait for the next update and turning off some functions.
0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
yes you can do that ....wait for next security patch update if you are feeling device not creating too much issue
0 Likes
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
wait brother till next update or visit service centre and get reinstall your software update if possible
SillyRat
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I'll probably wait for the update there's nothing much I can do.
If the problem gets worse then maybe ill visit the service center.
The Pandemic has slowed everything down difficult to travel to another town and visiting a service center
0 Likes
KCG
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
U can put apps to sleep which r no use and u can use adaptive battery option in ur setting to save ur battery
SillyRat
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
already done for so many apps
Galaxy A
but i think it is not due to updated through net or wifi or odin or smat switch
i have seen so many people updated through smart switch and odin also facing this issue

see on post here
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-A/Update-via-Smart-Switch/td-p/5144065
lovepandey
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
सभी users को a51 की Battery drain से problem है कब Samsung team draning का software update release करेगी
you are right
0 Likes
Vicky1303
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
even I too facing battery issue... have tried reaching service center and also samsung executive... no proper response.. they are saying that if battery stands for 7 to 8 hours a day is big thing... they are not replacing the device at all.. we guys need to raise our voice together to Samsung
0 Likes