Original topic:

Galaxy Note 9 screen discoloring and showing lines after update

(Topic created on: 05-30-2020 10:46 PM)
Aditya-M
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Galaxy Note 9 purchased less than 1 year and 3 months ago and note 9 after recent update suddenly had screen discoloration at medium brightness, Due to lockdown in city I am unable to take the device to the Samsung Store, This is not expected from such an expensive device, The device has had no cracks, no falls, no display injuries and has only ever been used with original Samsung charger supplied with the mobile phone. I have also tried to  Factory reset the device but with no help on the screen discoloration issue. It also seems I am not the only one facing the issue and more than 20 users have reported the same issue here https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note-9/screen-auto-change-color-to-blue-like-turning-on-blueligh... , I do not want a generic reply Samsung Customer Care, I want a solution to my problem, I have not paid 80k+ for such a bad experience. The issue is clearly a software related issue and only seems to have happened after updating the phone to the latest update, so I do not believe the solution is only going to be solved by visiting the Samsung Care Center as 20+ user reporting the same problem after update so clearly its not a Hardware Issue, unless Samsung used subpar parts on these devices.

11 Comments
Lauki
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Which update March?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

I have similar green tint and flickering issue since may update on my Galaxy S10

0 Likes
chaitanyakale
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Same issue since last week.

0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As you have tried all the steps we request you kindly visit the service center as your device needs physical inspection, to check for the service center opening timings kindly connect with our chat support through given link :  www.samsung.com/in/support

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
chaitanyakale
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Samsung seems to have known about this issue for long. Facing the same issue since last week or so. I could find that it was reported in November 2019 at least, unlikely to be a software issue. Software update may have expedited it for normal users.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L9MQb0KOqw

This happened suddenly while using the phone. I am not sure what to do. Is this can be fixed? or need to replace the display? (Please ignore those cross lines)
0 Likes
Priti-kumari
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Even I am also facing the same issue. I have not updated it since I purchased it. I have tried reaching the service center due to lockdown none of them answered me. Later, I have sent mail to the customer support but didn't heard anything yet...

0 Likes
mping123
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Same problem here 

0 Likes
Soham1606
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Started facing the issue today. Between 25% to 80% brightness the screen becomes yellow and green with black lines. Screen works fine at low and full brightness only. Has any solution been found yet ?

0 Likes
MilanM
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note

Same problem after updating latest security patch update. Most of users facing this issue after updating their devices. 100% sure this is a software issue but Samsung didn't get a any action for this problem. 

0 Likes