Original topic:

Note 9 screen discoloration issue

(Topic created on: 11-26-2020 02:33 AM)
HVR
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello community, 

So last evening all of a sudden my 2year old note9 went beserk. The screen started lagging, showing discoloration with yellow and green tinting and these horizontal closely spaced black lines showing up on display. At times on unlocking the phone although it makes all sounds and stuff but the screen stays frozen and at times gets pixelated. Tried starting the phone in safe mode, did a factory reset but to no avail. The issue is as it is.
On doing some searching I found that the issue is quite widespread and users across the globe are reporting the same issue being faced by me and some other users here. Which as it turns out is being reported as more of a software issue, post the march update.

Has any one found a permanent solution to this ? What's the Samsung's official take on this ? Couldn't find any except for one where they are asking to take your phone to the service centre. 

Thanks

0 Likes
12 Comments
Galaxy Note
Bro, just two days before when it had happened to you, the same thing happened with me on 24th night.
I even went to the service center, they said its some software issue and they are unable to rectify it.
If you bring the phone brightness almost to minimum, you'll find that your phone colour comes back to normal, but for a human being in day light it is hard to work with such low brightness.

Did you got any support or help from samsung?
0 Likes
HVR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
yes, the display works as usual on either 0 or 100 brightness, but as you said that is no way to use the phone. Not yet, I haven't found the time to visit the service centre as yet...
0 Likes
HVR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
got a foc display replacement for my note9 discoloration issue, read my entire post and experience here..
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note/Samsung-really-cares/td-p/6361532
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
lets hope your service cntr helps you out. ours have said they cnnt hlep in this.

and for the time being you are going to service center, you can download an app from play store, OLED SAVER.

just give it permission then your phone screen will be almost fine not horizontal lines...jst a slight tint will be there.
0 Likes
HVR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
i m using my note 8 as standby device for now...
leave the service center, it is samsung I am dealing with here...I am positive they will provide a rational solution to this issue....have heard a lot many people are getting free screen replacements on this..
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Ya, same I have also heard the same for FOC SERVICE : FREE OF CHARGE SERVICE, where screen is being replaced free of cost but when i visited the service center they refused for the same.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would like to inform you that as you have tried all the steps, we request you kindly visit the service center as your device needs physical inspection. To check for the nearest Samsung service center kindly click on the link : https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Have visited service center, they inspected and said that it is a software issue, but they are unable to help me out. They said it doesn't lie under the samsung warranty and all technical lang.
0 Likes
Srinivasragav
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
same here.. visited the service center.. they were unable to help me out.. bought this phone 2 years back for 70k .. total waste of money
0 Likes