Original topic:

Galaxy Note 9 Discoloration Problem after Software update

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 03:42 AM)
Samsung_rjj1Uvm
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Team,

Dont cheat your customers by selling cheap and bad quality phones. My Galaxy Note 9 which was in mint condition had discoloration issue. when given to Service center, they informed that they are facing such issues in all Note 9 Mobile Phones and will take it with Samsung for free of cost replacement as they could not find any damage with the phone. 

Now Samsung is asking to pay for screen replacement for no fault of customer. If Samsung was to earn money through such cheap means, its better to beg rather than ask the customer to pay for your faults. Being a lifelong samsung customer, i feel cheated and betrayed.

Wake up Samsung and address this issue immediately otherwise you are going to lose lot of customers.

Sick of your product and your service.

Galaxy Note
dude can you tell me how you got all changed free of cost?
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve "display" issue kindly follow the given below steps:

1) Check device in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears >Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the device.
2) Reset the device: settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
vgselva
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hello Samsung,

I am also one your lifelong customers who has about more than 10 samsung devices purchased.

My Note 9 also has color distortion issue. i have tried all your work arounds in settings to over come this but nothing worked.

I am sure its a Software Related Issue, its a Bug ...

Its started after the security update installed.

secondly, i found ..while playing 4k HDR 60fps in youtube HDR, it works perfectly. not even a single distortion happend in any part for my display.

Please consider this example and fix the software ASAP. Provide us a update to get our crispy Display screen back...

With Regards,

V.G.Selvakumar

0 Likes
tanzir_1128
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

why don't you guys resolve the issue with next update??

0 Likes
hninoowuttyi10
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have this problem too

0 Likes
Herathshamal1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

same here.. seems like almost all the note 9 users are having the same issue.. did every possible setting change and resets.. searched through youtube but nothing worked... TOTALLY DISSAPOINTED..

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

To resolve the issue kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. Display brightness level:- Kindly set the device display brightness in auto mode (If available).
Steps to adjust brightness in auto mode: Swipe down on the home screen to open notification panel>Turn on Auto brightness. 

2. Reset the device:- Settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app along with screenshots, short videos and error log file(Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
JJJSKG
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have the same issue.  Have the Note 2, 8, 9 and 10.  The Note 9 also discoloured.  

Tried to reset the phone as described.  Still the same problem.  

Still no response from them.

Looks like it's time to switch to iPhone.  Sad.

0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

We would like to inform you that in order to further analyze your concern kindly send system log file using Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes