Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Finger print sensor problem

(Topic created on: 06-18-2020 01:46 AM)
Voodoo
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi .. this might seem to be an old issue. But recently i am not able to unlock my phone using the finger print sensor. Its shows the error as finger print sensor not responding try again later. Well went i checked  in the settings and tried to get to the biometrics section in order to change.  This message popped out 

I did try restarting but no use. I tried the finger print test and it was a fail.. like it showed no data found. But in the biometrics there were fingerprints registered previously. I am wondering if this a software prob. I obviously dont wanna do a hard reset which will wipe out all the info and data as this is my main driver. And i dont wanna replace the sensor. Is there a solution for this... ? Plz help me out

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
try the following:

open Settings, go to Apps, tap the 3-dot menu button at the top and select Show system apps. Next, search for com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.settings and select it.Try to clear the cash then go to Battery » Optimize battery usage and make sure you have selected All apps from the drop-menu at the top. Search for com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.settings again and tap the toggle to disable this function. Reboot your phone to apply the changes.

View solution in context

11 Comments
Solution
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
try the following:

open Settings, go to Apps, tap the 3-dot menu button at the top and select Show system apps. Next, search for com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.settings and select it.Try to clear the cash then go to Battery » Optimize battery usage and make sure you have selected All apps from the drop-menu at the top. Search for com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.settings again and tap the toggle to disable this function. Reboot your phone to apply the changes.
Voodoo
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
bro.. u a saviour.. it worked.. thanks
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
most welcome.
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
please note, disabling the battery optimization might increase the battery consumption a little bit.
if you want to avoid that, please return to previous power settings.
0 Likes
Voodoo
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
it happened again same issue
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
you mean the same issue happened after applying the battery optimization settings?
or just the fingerprint reader is malfunctioning with no pattern?
0 Likes
Voodoo
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
yes the same thing
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
my suggestion is to backup all your data and do hard reset (factory reset).
0 Likes
mazinv
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
hi .. in my Samsung a30 it is not accepting its pattern, its showing incorrect please help me
0 Likes