Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Finger print sensor problem

(Topic created on: 06-19-2020 08:54 AM)
Voodoo
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi .. this might seem to be an old issue. But recently i am not able to unlock my phone using the finger print sensor. Its shows the error as finger print sensor not responding try again later. Well went i checked  in the settings and tried to get to the biometrics section in order to change.  This message popped out 

I did try restarting but no use. I tried the finger print test and it was a fail.. like it showed no data found. But in the biometrics there were fingerprints registered previously. I am wondering if this a software prob. I obviously dont wanna do a hard reset which will wipe out all the info and data as this is my main driver. And i dont wanna replace the sensor. Is there a solution for this... ? Plz help me out
11 Comments
Solution
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
try the following:

open Settings, go to Apps, tap the 3-dot menu button at the top and select Show system apps. Next, search for com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.settings and select it.Try to clear the cash then go to Battery » Optimize battery usage and make sure you have selected All apps from the drop-menu at the top. Search for com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.settings again and tap the toggle to disable this function. Reboot your phone to apply the changes.
Voodoo
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
bro.. u a saviour.. it worked.. thanks
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
most welcome.
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
please note, disabling the battery optimization might increase the battery consumption a little bit.
if you want to avoid that, please return to previous power settings.
0 Likes
Voodoo
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
it happened again same issue
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
you mean the same issue happened after applying the battery optimization settings?
or just the fingerprint reader is malfunctioning with no pattern?
0 Likes
Voodoo
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
yes the same thing
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
my suggestion is to backup all your data and do hard reset (factory reset).
0 Likes
mazinv
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
hi .. in my Samsung a30 it is not accepting its pattern, its showing incorrect please help me
0 Likes