Original topic:

Motherboard change

(Topic created on: 10-20-2020 10:17 PM)
Slyf3r_09
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

Recently I had my phone's motherboard changed. But the IMEI no is still the same. How can this be possible? As per my knowledge whenever a motherboard is changed IMEI no. has to change.
I suspect some foul play by the service center. Kindly advise.

Request no. - 4312267607

0 Likes
15 Comments
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
The motherboard of a device has two parts, the main motherboard and the dock connector, it might be the case that the dock connector was replaced.
0 Likes
Slyf3r_09
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

The service center told motherboard has changed. If dock connector was changed they should have said dock connector has changed.

0 Likes
Jiyodilse
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
no...Samsung,iphone,Huawei etc which brands have in house own chipset or Processors provide same IMEI number even motherboard have to changed...
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Nope bro, that is not true. How can the IMEI be retained if the motherboard is changed. Don't say anything out of thin air.
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
They should have said that the dock connector has chanved, but as it is a part of the motherboard, they in general told that the motherboard has changed.
0 Likes
Jiyodilse
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
no dear...
imei number will be same if motherboard is changed..bcoz change of imei number will affect the Warranty of device so how company transfer same emei number from old motherboard to new one...
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Tell me how will the IMEI number will be retained. Tell me. I will wait for your explanation. Transfer of IMEI is illegal, even of the manufacturer does that, do you know that? No, alright, I will wait, and I NEED A VALID EXPLANATION ON HOW IT IS RETAINED.
0 Likes
Jiyodilse
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
IMEI is stored in efs and efs in motherboard. So changing the motherboard means new IMEI.
and New IMEI number will void Warranty policy so they are change same IMEI number in new motherboard...

new motherboard come with blank UFS AND EFS....ok..

døpedædə
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
ya correct
0 Likes