Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4

(Topic created on: 09-05-2021 12:56 AM)
JimmyA
Options
Wearables
Another year, another watch, another review. 

That's the 4th watch i get after the S3 Frontier(RIP) the Amazing Galaxy Watch and the gorgeous Galaxy Watch 3.

I still prefer the Galaxy Watch for its 4 to 5 days battery, and the Galaxy Watch 3 for its beautiful look. 

This year too, the watch feels premium with the brushed stainless steel, but that rubber band makes it feel and look a bit cheaper than last year. 

The design combines both the Galaxy watch with the buttons and the Galaxy watch 3 with some parts of the body. 

Same battery life as the watch 3, 1.5 to 2 days which is average. 

The OS is the biggest change, but it kept the same feel as the Tizen OS, with minor changes like flipping the home and back buttons, stacking the apps in a different way, the swiping gestures, the availability of the play store since it's Android wear now, and 1 or 2 additional health features that will get you excited the first couple of weeks and then never use them again. 

The rubber band came in 1 size, which is large for me, so i will end up getting a new one, probably from a 3rd party because as usual, nobody has them yet to sell them, asked samsung store and sharaf DG in the uae and they have none. 

Worth upgrading? Yes, and No. 

If you have the Galaxy watch 3, you will be gaining a new OS with some changes, since it still feels the same, and a couple of features in the health department. You will lose the classic look, and can always try your luck with a leather band to make it feel less sporty. 

It feels like a new Galaxy watch (1) definitely an upgrade from it, minus 2 to 3 days in battery life. So if you have the Galaxy Watch, you will definitely be excited, but remember that you will lose 2 days worth of battery. 

I was planning on selling the Galaxy Watch 3,but definitely I'm keeping it because it looks awesome and classier than the Galaxy Watch 4.

I can't really tell you to buy or not, go to the store if you already have an older model, try the new one, see the diffrences before jumping the gun, by the end of the day you will be paying hard earned money, if you like the outside, or how it looks, i can tell you the inside is nice and responsive, not much changed from last year's model, play around a bit with it, then make the decision. 

There are hundreds of reviews on youtube, go watch a couple first. 

I will post as usual the battery life comparison to the 2 other i have after a couple of weeks in order to have enough proper data to post, since i use the same stuff daily, now on another platform. 

The silver model looks awesome, the bezel is also silver this year, but the silicon band makes it also cheaper, maybe slap a black or brown leather one on it. 

One last thing, if you end up liking it and want to buy, get it from samsung website for best freebies, in the uae for example, i got 1 year samsung care+ and a smart tag+ along with Bluetooth Level U 2 earphones, offer is till the 9th of September, and differs from 1 model to another, mine is the 46mm classic one. 

Cheers. 

15 Comments
HazeM74
Active Level 4
Wearables
Hi Jimmy
Thanks for sharing, I fully agree with all your thoughts.
Wearables
Thank you HazeM, i see you ventured with the fold 3, i decided to skip honestly, i know my usage, battery won't see 2PM with the way i use it, plus the narrow screen when folded.... Waiting for the Note 22, if, if, if amd if it's going to be out. Samsung owes us a clear road map answer. Enjoy both the watch and fold, cheers!
And please let me know how the fold battery goes, a proper review if possible, not the 18 hrs of on screen time and never heating one ;)
HazeM74
Active Level 4
Wearables
Thank you Jimmy. In fact I used Fold 2 since launch, so now a full a year. I got used to be outside Screen quickly and the inner large display won't make you think to go back to regular bar phones.
Battery life in general have not change for me from note 10 plus to Fold 2. I will test the Fold 3 with time and see but I get on average 6 to 7 Screen on time knowing that I don't turn off wifi or BT or location and I use a lot of automations with Bixby routines.
Wearables
Finally someone said sowmthing about the design of the galaxy watch 3 being better and this is the best review I would say. Thank you for your feedback 💯🙌
Wearables
Hey Tman, are you getting one or skipping?
Wearables
Mostly skipping cause I'm yet to find a reason to switch. Expected the battery life to be a little better but yeah, let's see time will tell, probs when Google assistant works
Wearables
Good idea, and yes 46mm,even though both 46 and 44 have same screen size, I decided to go with this one. I agree abt battery. Got used to it now, still wear the Galaxy watch.
Wearables
You still wear the galaxy watch? Wow, good for you bro. And I didn't know that 46mm and 44mm have the same screen size. Anyway enjoy your watches, thanks for the review 💕💯
Wearables
Yeah i love my Galaxy watch, especially in rough outdoor activities, well it looks like a Galaxy watch 4, works like a galaxy watch 3 on the inside, and has a couple of days of battery 😄 indestructible ❤️