Original topic:

Rich Communication Services (RCS)

(Topic created on: 04-26-2020 09:49 PM)
ArulkumarVasudevan
Active Level 6
Options
Tech Talk

Rich Communication Services (RCS) is a communication protocol between mobile telephone carriers and between phone and carrier, aiming at replacing SMS messages with a text-message system that is richer, provides phonebook polling (for service discovery), and can transmit in-call multimedia. It is part of broader IP Multimedia Subsystem.

The Rich Communication Suite industry initiative was formed by a group of industry promoters in 2007. In February 2008 the GSM Association officially became the project 'home' of RCS and an RCS steering committee was established by the organisation.

Samsung is the major device OEM to support RCS globally. Samsung RCS capable devices have been commercially launched in Europe since 2012 and in the United States since 2015.

It is also marketed as Advanced Messaging, Chat, joyn, SMSoIP, Message+, and SMS+.
234 Comments
Divija
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
Hi
0 Likes
Divija
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
Hi
0 Likes
dsvas
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
haiii
0 Likes
harishjoshi
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
hi
0 Likes
deepak69
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
puja
karte hue
0 Likes
lonewolf30
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
pl let me know how to activate this RCS on my Galaxy phone I own ? is RCS an app to be downloaded ?
0 Likes
kamal4487
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
I have purchased this phone on 13th feb 20 ,shockingly when i try to activated it shows white line on display at the bottom I thought it might be because of  updation required by the software soon I visited nearest service centre and inform the problem but they  denied and ask me to pay charges for the display and I am seriously feeling cheated by Samsung as this phone is having a problem please refund me or replace the phone as soon as possible I have visited nearest service centre in puny add Mitra mandal chowk I hope positive reply thank you. 

kamal4487@gmail.com
Kamal jain

Pune

0 Likes
barotsujal
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
osm
0 Likes
Ŕàmesh
Active Level 3
Tech Talk