Original topic:

Rich communication Services...........Modern way of texting#GalaxyTechfluencer

(Topic created on: 04-03-2020 08:25 PM)
imankur
★★
Options
Tech Talk
RCS is a major improvement compared to SMS. RCS is the new messaging protocol on Android devices.With RCS, be able to send richer, more engaging text messages than we could on SMS.

Talking about my Favorite Features-It gives the info about real time message sent ,delivered ,seen and Typing information to sender.And message recieved during on-call.

RCS in comparison to SMS-

RCS is a major upgrade over SMS. For instance, in SMS, we could send basic text messages with images that would often look small and pixelated.
With RCS, the experience is much better. We can now send GIFs and high-resolution photos and videos. And although SMS messages were limited to 160 characters, RCS has no character limit. We can even send much larger files over RCS, like PDFs and Word documents.

How can I get RCS and is it free?

RCS is available for free to all Android users. Better yet, they don't need to download an app to make it work. Instead, users need to update their phone's carrier services app, which refreshes their phone's connection to the carrier network to get all the latest features, including RCS. Users also need to update their messaging app.

How RCS works..?

RCS allows users to do everything they already do with SMS and MMS but also enables them to send files, receive delivery and read receipts, and more. The Jibe Platform enables RCS in three ways:

• Jibe Cloud enables carriers to support RCS service on their networks without building new infrastructure.
  • Jibe Hub connects RCS-enabled carriers to grow the RCS user base and prevent missed messages.
  • The Messages and Carrier Services apps enable RCS functionality on Android devices.

With Jibe Cloud, Jibe Hub, and the Messages app, the Jibe Platform supports RCS on our current network, connects with other RCS-enabled networks, and reaches users through an RCS client available for Android devices.

Working,Sender and recipient on the same carrier-

1. The sender uses the Messages app to send an RCS message to the recipient.
  2. The carrier's Jibe Cloud deployment receives the message, determines that the recipient uses the same carrier's cloud service, and delivers the message to the recipient.
  3. The recipient gets the message on their device and can read and respond to the message in their RCS client.

Working,sender and recipient on the other carrier-

When a sender and recipient are on different carriers:

1. The sender uses the Messages app to send an RCS message to the recipient.
  2. The carrier's Jibe Cloud deployment receives the message, determines that the recipient isn't on a Jibe Cloud deployment, and connects to Jibe Hub.
  3. Jibe Hub forwards the RCS message to the recipient's carrier.
  4. The recipient's carrier delivers the message to the recipient.
  5. The recipient gets the message on their device and can read and respond to the message in the Messages app.

Thanks for reading.
Hope you like information.
#BAtechinfluencer #GalaxyTechfluencer
5 Comments
Rampa
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
I have Vodafone app how do I get RCS loaded. Can you guide me please. Many thanks in advance
0 Likes
Tech Talk
Rampa
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
yes thank you really useful
immi007
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
best post about RCS..... one of the finest contender bro ....

looking forward to seeing more of your posts
0 Likes
Tech Talk
thanks bro