Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

how to boot into recovery mode.

(Topic created on: 03-08-2021 10:34 PM)
sbandaly
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

as i am locked out of my s10e i want to reboot into recovery mode. but i tried several times i am unable to boot into recovery.

so can plz anyone help me to boot into recovery so that i can factory reset my phone to get the new update.

9 Comments
Mita2
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

first switch off the phone... than boot phone with pressing power key+bixby key+ volume up......

i am unsure between volume up or volume down... try both one by one

Galaxy S
Power Button + Volume Up + Bixby all three at a time.
You can take help of the Below video
https://youtu.be/xMZqmDAmBho

If I solved your doubt do click on Accept Solution

Or when the phone is restarting click on the 3 buttons
0 Likes
sbandaly
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

i am unable to switch off the phone. how to switch it off

0 Likes
Mita2
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

by pressing power key+ volume down for 8 sec

0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy S
You need not switch it off
Follow these steps
1. Keep pressing Power + Volume Down
2. You would sense a vibration
3. Quickly Press Volume Up + Power + Bixby butoon all at once.
Sometimes it wont work requires timing 😅
0 Likes
SteveSimons
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

No way to get into the recovery.

Tried both turning off and then go through your procedure, and also without turning it off first.

How much fast should I need to be to go from the first type of pressing to the second one?

Maybe it's that that matters. I'm quite fast, like half of a second.. But maybe I should be super extra fast?? 😆

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
you can follow @Foxhound 's steps

just plug in a charger so that after step 1 it goes to switch off charging mode. And immediately you release all the keys. When the battery percentage shows you can unplug the charger and then follow Step 3.

It saves the pain of timing. As it takes your phone to perfect power off state when you unplug the charger.

And in step 3 First press Vol up+Bixby then press power just to be sure that you don't mess up. And when the samsung galaxy s10 comes release the power and keep pressing the other two.
0 Likes
Ripon1514
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
one thing that worked for me is... switch off your phone and connect it to the PC (running PC) and as the charging animation shows... press and hold power + vol up (remaining connected to the PC at the same time) you would reach the recovery mode as usual
0 Likes