Original topic:

WiFi calling / VoWiFi Turns off automatically

(Topic created on: 11-20-2020 09:11 AM)
gauravbanka
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi ! The WiFi calling / VoWiFi automatically turns off on my Samsung Galaxy S20 on SIM 1 (Service Provider - Jio). Works absolutely fine with SIM 2 (Service Provider - Airtel)

Performed Network Settings Reset but issue still persists. Contacted Jio customer care and they mentioned there is no issue with Network or SIM card.

Anyone else facing similar issue? Please help.
46 Comments
SamEnthu
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Same thing happens on my S20+ as well.
Raw1234
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Jio is like that not only samsung device. All mobile manufacturers it will automatically switch off the vowifi
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve the issue please follow below given steps:-

1. Check device in safe mode:- Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications.
To enter in safe mode:- Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears > Press and hold the power off icon.
To exit safe mode restart the device.

2. Reset the device:- Before resetting, kindly create data backup of your device via SMART switch mobile application or http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch pc suite.
How to reset:- Settings > General management > Reset.

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app along with short video, screenshot and error log file(Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
gauravbanka
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi. The above solution does not work. I have sent the screen recording of the issue via Error Report. Please check and resolve.
Members_kefrPqP
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi. I am facing a similar issue on Samsung Galaxy S20. 

I am using Jio as Sim 1 & Bsnl as sim 2. 

Wifi Calling automatically gets switched off in a min post turning it on.

I do not see an option to turn wifi calling on exclusively for Sim 1 (Jio). Please let me know if i am missing something

Thanks in advance

Galaxy S

Wifi calling gets turned off automatically without any notice. How can you expect the coustomer to get the screen shot or screen video at exact time. And how can one report you within 15 minutes.

Don't give standard answers. First understand the problem before giving reply 

BlackVenom
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm also having same issue had Samsung s9 before buying s20 thought latest s20 should have major network tech but it's Samsung overall wasted money I guess
note: one thing I just thought OnePlus devices have better as I experienced it's vowifi didn't drop on single second.
I have to attend more than 200 calls a day the area I live has low network range but WiFi is 100% fine
I use Airtel SIM and Airtel broadband too
BlackVenom
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
will Samsung resolve my problem?
BlackVenom
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
if you not resolve it in few days I need to change the brand to OnePlus