Original topic:

WiFi calling / VoWiFi Turns off automatically

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 02:38 PM)
gauravbanka
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi ! The WiFi calling / VoWiFi automatically turns off on my Samsung Galaxy S20 on SIM 1 (Service Provider - Jio). Works absolutely fine with SIM 2 (Service Provider - Airtel)

Performed Network Settings Reset but issue still persists. Contacted Jio customer care and they mentioned there is no issue with Network or SIM card.

Anyone else facing similar issue? Please help.
gauravbanka
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Samsung are you going to resolve this issue????
Mkp64
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Samsung note 8 has the same problem
DigvenSamsung
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I had my wifi calling working fine but then suddenly it just started behaving like you mentioned. 

Please check your setting as PRIVATE DNS (under settings--->Connections-->more connection settings) set value to OFF. 

My issue got fixed immediately. You should try this.

My phone is Samsung Note 8.

lochan05
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes thanks brother it works i have this same issue on galaxy m21 since i switched value to off it now shows vowifi..thankyou again..😊
ManishSP
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I have WIFI CALLING TURNING OFF issue on Note9 even with PRIVATE DNS set as OFF.
0 Likes
vigon
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
This worked for me on samsung galaxy s22 ultra
0 Likes
Rijoob
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

May be iy will work after you turned off wifi data saving mode

0 Likes
Galaxy S
It also happens on A71 and F62. There's some issue with Jio - Samsung partnership.
Galaxy S
Note that only Airtel works best with Samsung for WiFi Calling. For Jio, Oppo and Xiaomi works well. For VI, Oppo works well. As of now.
gauravbanka
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have been able to fix the problem. Go to your WiFi Setting and change the DNS to an OpenDNS like 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 and voila VoWifi for Jio will start working again. Its not a problem with Samsung but Jio blocking certain DNS. Try it and it will work.