Original topic:

S22 Ultra cannot detect Samsung SSD T7

(Topic created on: 03-27-2022 03:58 PM)
Sunny
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My S10 and MacBook detects the portable SSD.
It's not working on S22 Ultra. Any help?
11 Comments
Galaxy S
It's strange if s10 can detect Than s22 should detect.
Umm, kindly share an error report in the get help section so that Samsung can get back to you with a solution
0 Likes
Members_bhRWR8j
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue with my Samsung PSSD and my S22 Ultra. The hard drive will work just fine on my laptop (widows) and the old S20 Ultra but not on the S22 Ultra. Must be a software issue on this new S22 Ultra. 

Sunny
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Absolutely. It's definitely from S22 end. All the devices are detecting it just fine.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Z-erk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi, 

I bought the ssd T7 to use as external storage for the pictures taken bij my old Galaxy 20S. It transfered the pictures to T7, but I have now no access to the file with my new Galaxy 22 S. It sees the device but prompts ony a settings Page, no contents. 

How do I reach the contents with s22 ultra Phone?

0 Likes
Angry Beaver
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I know this is an old thread and you may have already figured it out but for those who are still having this issue this is what I found:

On the Google Play Store, try downloading the "Samsung Portable SSD 1.0" app instead of the one that just says "Samsung Portable SSD". I believe the second one only works with the older portable SSD devices. The one that says 1.0 on it works with the new T7.

Alo7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have 2 T7 SSD one 1TB and other 2TB, the first one reads perfect with my S22 Ultra at first time, but the 2TB cannot work (hard to make it work after several try), seems an issue with software, any help for make it work? If I connect the 2TB to PC, Mac or any other device works perfect. 1TB works perfect with any device. I tried Samsung portable SSD 1.0 and older version without success. 

0 Likes
Gurpreet04
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Have you found any solution so far? I am facing the same issue
0 Likes
Members_seywjJ8
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm facing the same issues. T7 SSD is not detected on my Samsung galaxy S20 FE.

I tried both the portable SSD apps. I also tried with a different cable but was in vain. It works perfectly fine on my macbook M1. What a bummer please help me out.

0 Likes