Original topic:

wifi dropping issues note 8

(Topic created on: 09-17-2020 05:21 PM)
eddardstark
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello Samsung ive been suffering serious wifi dropping and bluetooth dropping issues since the past security update plz look into the matter and plz fix it in the next one coz its really annoying to keep reconnecting to wifi all the time
0 Likes
9 Comments
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
reset your network settings and check again
0 Likes
eddardstark
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
did bro even reset the router its still persisting so mostly software issue as i didn't had this issue i even specifically deleted and reconnected to the wifi still no help
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Does the same issue happen while you use different wifi network like your relatives or your friend, if yes then perhaps it is software issue if not then something else could be the issue
0 Likes
eddardstark
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
yesss been happening even over hotspot
0 Likes
saarang007
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Do you mean the latest September security update (around 1 GB)? I updated yesterday and not facing any issue. Maybe try to clear the Cache from Recovery menu?

On a side note, I hope you had Factory Reset your phone when OS update was applied last year. Somehow I suspect and have observed that those who do not Factory Reset their mobile at least after every major OS upgrade (which is recommended), their phones have a higher chance of running into issues.
0 Likes
eddardstark
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
yesss after the september update the battery life have gotten slightly better but wifi is just terrible
wiping cash via recovery won't delete any of my data right? coz been long since ive done it via recovery and also does it help fix such issues ?
0 Likes
saarang007
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
No, the "Wipe Cache" option from Recovery menu won't delete your data. Do it carefully though, as the option to "Wipe Data / Factory Reset" is just below that.
And yes, it may help to fix such issues. No harm in giving it a try.
0 Likes
eddardstark
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
thanks bro ill give it a shot👍🏻
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

* Reset Network Settings: Go to apps screen >Settings >General Management >Reset >Reset Network Setting.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes