Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Not so Ultra

(Topic created on: 09-11-2020 08:45 PM)
SpaceNinja
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
It's been more than two weeks since I have started using Note 20 Ultra.

I agree that this is a phone with top notch specifications. But this device has the heating issue with just the simple usage like 
- Social Media
- Media Consumption 
- Reading News/Articles

Most of the heat is observed either near Camera area although Camera is not in use or Near the Samsung logo at the bottom. 

Apart fromt this heating issue, there is another issue. Charging issue.
Device shows that it will be charged in 1 hour 10 mins or so but it takes more than that when left untouched, even when used Actual in Box Adapter and Cable. 
Along with this there's wireless charging which shows something like 2 hours or so and take 4 hours in real, when used Samsung actual duo pad.

Raising multiple bugs for these issue hasn't solved any of these issues instead I always get troubleshooting instructions or lame reasons.

Because of all thes reasons I'm scared of using this device like I use other phones, because this is too much expensive. Not sure this is because of Exynos or the poor OS or the poor components in the Device.

Samsung kindly stop making us fools and let us get the best for what we paid.

Finally Note 20 Ultra is not so Ultra.

10 Comments
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Exynos 990 is specific has heating issues, and what poor OS are you talking about? Android 10 is the best mobile OS in the market and One UI is one of the best (I would rather say best) Android skins out in the market. And Samsung's device components are of the best quality. Heating is because of the Exynos processor in your device. Next gen Exynos processors will not have this issues, I hope so.
SpaceNinja
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Poor OS means the Poor stability of OS and if next gen Exynos will not have this issue, then what abouts the current Ultra device for which you pay a huge money?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Next gen exynos.. Hope so.. That's it we just have to hope everytime 🤣🤣
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
One UI is thr most stable Android user interface in the market. I hope you know that?
0 Likes
SpaceNinja
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thank you for your suggestion 😊
GKG4
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I am using it since the day 1 of its availability in India and I did heavy gaming to test the performance, so far there is no heating issue.

For charging, yes it's taking much more time then my note 9, despite the small difference in battery capacity.
On wireless charging it's showing me almost correct time, i.e.approx 4.5hours.

Samsung is having two different cooling system in Note 20 Ultra, one of them is with copper and other one is with graphite. Seems one of them is having heating issue.
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Keep your AC on and use it in a cool place
NoteFun
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
yes, there are these two issues and I have also raised these to samsung...Now its upto us either to blame exynos or to different cooling approach followed...1st one is not true as samsung earlier flagship also have exynos in India and note 20 have the latest exynos though...Second one is again totally dependable...Better to use it fully and wait for any future updates...
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologies for your inconvenience. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes