Original topic:

Galaxy Note 8 issues after July 2020 security update.

(Topic created on: 07-29-2020 01:35 AM)
manuj303
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

Very serious issues after July security update which was released today for India.

SIM card read error, No IMEI#, Cannot login to Samsung services. SIM manager freezing.

Require urgent OTA fix as I am without phone service now.

62 Comments
Samsung_ziGRvJc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Same issues ,sim card not detected,tried to reboot but no use ,lost most of my data ,this is irresponsiblility from a reputed firm like Samsung,waiting for next update asap to fix all those bugs

vicky2050
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note

Software update in not working after today update 

Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Noted and reported to Community Manager, expect a resolution soon.
manuj303
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Not sure how will Samsung fix the issue when updates are also not working unless they will ask everyone to visit the service center during Covid19.  The phone has been made useless. Perfect timing with Note 20 launch. Samsung will have to own it and replace the phone even out of warranty if they cannot fix this problem as IMEI number are unique for each device.

Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Can you show me what it says when you try to search for Software update?
0 Likes
diabolicus
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

Yo tech guy Ashish, it keeps saying "com.android.phone not working", software update not opening AT ALL, Galaxy store updates not opening, sim card manager not working, network signals not showing at all, and so many more! 

incompetent tech developers working at Samsung maybe working from home caused this clusterfk!

destroyed the whole device! 

open US Samsung community, UK, ALL showing same problem 

PiyushShrivastav
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Mr. Aashish. 

My fingre print scanner has stopped working after Aug 1  - 2020 update.

When Samsung is not sure about stability of the update why do they give it.

Do you realize what level of position we are working at how important is our phone and its use to us.

Kindly note to give a stabilizing update asap.

It is requested to Samsung .....do not give any update if your update is unstable 

Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Right bro, have you tried removing all fingerprints and adding them again.
0 Likes
addisingh2022
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note

If you want your phone repaired you need to complaint its Samsung mistake ask service centre they will charge fees I ask Samsung customer care they say only your company we have no other so we need to complaint it as much possible