Original topic:

Anyone can bypass galaxy S10 finger print unlock

(Topic created on: 10-25-2019 07:17 AM)
MollySurya
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Samsung is once again in hot water for a shoddy biometrics implementation. This time the culprit is its ultrasonic in-screen fingerprint reader, which apparently can be unlocked by anyone as long as there is a screen protector or some other piece of transparent plastic between a finger and the sensor.

A U.K. woman alleged that her husband was able to bypass her Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone’s fingerprint reader when the phone was encased by a third-party screen protector.

However the good news is Samsung is promising a future software update to resolve the issue

For full article follow the below links

9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
🤣🤣🤣
Shubhaem
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Can't
0 Likes
MollySurya
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
it's true , search for it you will get to know
omprakash4983
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
u havent read the post properly... It was bypassed cos the lady used the silicone screen protector to register her fingerprint and wt actually got registered were the dots on the silicone protector and not her fingerprint...
0 Likes
MollySurya
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
that's what I have mentioned in the post, and I don't think that when it comes to privacy one should not get it breached by any means.
0 Likes
ompa
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
bro the issue is dt wt the lady registered is actually the dots on the silicone case nd not her actual fingerprint so everytime anyone put pressure on mobile it recognised the dots nd not the fingerprints....
0 Likes
MollySurya
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
bro the point is when it comes to my phone ,I would not expect that bye any means one can unlock my phone, it's a **bleep** to open a device.
0 Likes
ompa
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I agree to ur point bro as far as security is concerned there cannot be a compromise... But the point I am trying to make here is dt dis flaw is actually non-existent in the true sense bt the fact dt they ve used a silicone case to register the fingerprint is the whole reason fr the blunder...
0 Likes
MollySurya
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Finally an update is here from Samsung regarding this security threat

0 Likes