Original topic:

NO camera resolution option after update

(Topic created on: 04-12-2021 05:32 PM)
Ak1947
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
After updating my M51 option for changing resolution is gone from both camera and display option (in setting). But when I search HOW TO CHANGE RESOLUTION IN M51, Samsung website is showing pre update version ie through camera or display option.
I mostly use and Baught this phone for recordings, earlier through decreasing resolution and recording in high efficiency mode I was able to record 1 hour video in 1 gb but now after update, even in high resolution mode it is taking 4 GB!. Contacted customer care but he too suggested the pre update method for decreasing resolution, after proper checking he also raised his hand and ask me to post in community tab...

Kindly help ASAP.... And bring the earlier version of changing resolution soon... 
Plz change it aur give me option to unupdate my phone. 
Thank you 

How samsung website is guiding to change resolution

How other website guiding to change resolution from camera app

But no option is showing in my M51, in camera app

No change in resolution option is showing in my M51, as it is shown in samsung website

6 Comments
Galaxy M
To change video recording Resolution or size

Screenshot_20210314-193949_Camera_63895.jpg

Screenshot_20210314-193944_Camera_63894.jpg

0 Likes
Galaxy M
And as what I know, screen resolution can't be changed in your device,because your device supports only FHD+ display, hence that option is not available.
0 Likes
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
The option to select screen resolution is only for flagships having WQHD+ screen resolution.
M51 has FHD+ display that's why this option isn't available.

The guidance to change screen resolution in Samsung website is for flagship users not for midrange users.

This option is for flagship users who don't want to use WQHD+ resolution to save battery.
SuRRealSaGar
Expert Level 2
Galaxy M
You're confusing Display resolution with camera resolution.
Incase you're asking about camera resolution. Then just see the screen shot
Once you tap on 3:4 on camera mode it'll show you other modes too and same goes in video mode.

Try it

And if this helps please tap on 3 dots on my reply and accept as solution. Thanks

Screenshot_20210412-222028_Camera_4047.jpg

Screenshot_20210412-222005_Camera_4044.jpg

Screenshot_20210412-222817_Camera_4054.jpg

Screenshot_20210412-222759_Camera_4051.jpg

0 Likes
Galaxy M
M51 has it in the video recording UI, we have HD, FHD and UHD 30fps options where HD is 720p, FHD is 1080p and UHD 4K or 2160p
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support