Original topic:

Music phone with quality DAC

(Topic created on: 01-24-2021 06:44 AM)
Sanjivnayak
Active Level 6
Options
Tech Talk
Samsung should start a new series of cell phone for music lovers with introduction of a good quality DAC chip preferably from ESS , AKM , Burr Brown, delta sigma. Camera features has much talked about and even budget phones now equipped with a decent camera. Samsung should match up with iPhone's great sound quality. Do you guys agree or not?
39 Comments
RishabhJangir
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
s21 ultra sound better than iphone 12 pro max do u still leaving in 2017s
Sanjivnayak
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
You must know the specs before posting a comment. Yes I have lived from 2017 onwards till date and finding my observations here not throwing a word here and there. for your kind information s21 ultra has the AKG speaker and AKG is having midfi presence in driver tech.
RishabhJangir
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
i wanna not fight but you are absolutely wrong 🙃
0 Likes
Sanjivnayak
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
I will suggest you to learn the tech behind music.
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Tech Talk
When did iPhone become benchmark for sound quality?
LG has best sound quality especially with output from their 3.5 mm jack which comes with Quad DAC.
Sanjivnayak
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
Yes. LG V30 model has ESS Sabre DAC chip but that is not available in budget phones too. My point is the way cos are providing good camera, they should start a series for good sound employing better driver and dac.
Sanjivnayak
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
Apple Airpod Max is a rage got sold out in a whisker. They have their own technology that is why their all products are benchmark devices. Hope this clears your point.
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Tech Talk
Now you have changed topic. We are comparing only phones OR high end very costly headphones also?

As I said Apple iPhone (standalone) can not be benchmark in sound quality be it in output via 3.5 mm jack OR phones stereo speakers.

I used LG V30+ for 3 years (2017-2020) , still it is working fine with my relative.
Samsung should try to match that , not take Apple iPhone as example.

sadly this will not happen as wired audio is getting out of fashion by most leading brands except LG, Sony.
0 Likes
Sanjivnayak
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
ok. I will touch your points.
1. I cited Airpod max because Apple has his own tech and they don't chase the mass market for sourcing all components. My subject is music phones just like the phones have replaced the digital camera. The DAP should be replaced soon.
2. I have the spec of V30 but never heard it. It employs a good dac. but it's speaker is not good. so you hear better using its analog out. But Apple example why I have given because take an older model Apple 6 for example and compare its analog and usb out too as I have done using dragonfly.
3. As stated in Sl. 2 above.
4. Wired audio is very much there and you have very high end wireless models can be used as a wired one too. As the HP amp connected to the same HP improves the sound of the drivers. LG and Sony are not the leading brands they are at rock bottom. pls check the models in www.headphonezone.in
0 Likes