Original topic:

Display; App black color is showing with a green tint

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 12:36 PM)
Tree_House
Beginner Level 3
Options
Tech Talk

Hello,

Today when I woke up & noticed my phone display (dark mode on) has turned greenish. So i took a screen shot of an app and send it to my PC. And I noticed that the colors showing on my PC monitor is accurate. Please see below screenshot and my comments are in 'Red'.

My phone model is Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Exynos) and I've installed the 2020 May 1st update also.

Is this a software issue? or is it hardware fault?

Kindly advice what I need to do.

Screenshot_20200606.jpg 

8 Comments
shahinahammed
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
Same here.... No idea
0 Likes
shahinahammed
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
I think they can fix it in a update
0 Likes
shahinahammed
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
I am facing the same problem below 30% brightness and, while watching videos my black areas are like black is crushing.. Check the picture
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve this issue kindly follow the given below steps:

1) Check device in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears >Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the device.
2) Reset the device: settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
shahinahammed
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
Nothing going to happent
0 Likes
dany135
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
this green tint display issue on samsung galaxy s20 ultra was fixed by a software update..
Then why can't you fix this issue on Samsung galaxy s10 plus with an software update ?? plz suggest me...
0 Likes
GirishAneNenu
Active Level 5
Tech Talk

Even I'm facing exactly same issue on my s10 plus, exynos variant after may update. Not yet resolved even in November. I will exchange 5 of samsung phones being used by my family members with Lg or Nokia phones. I'll get iPhone. S7 to s9+ was perfect, Fed up with Samsung since last 5 months . bye

0 Likes