Original topic:

Cannot verify UPI ID

(Topic created on: 10-31-2020 03:24 PM)
Subhajit_Bose
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tech Talk

Hi, recently I bought a Samsung Galaxy S20+ and encountered issues with verifying UPI id. SMS service is working fine and I can send and recieve SMS and OTP, but when I am trying to verify my UPI Id linked to the registered number, it's failing to verify. None of my UPI apps are working. When I opened my message app I found that the verifying sms sent by the UPI apps are not getting delivered, but when I am manually tapping and resending them, they are getting delivered with ease. I tried all the troubleshooting processes I found on the internet. I have sufficient balance on my phone, I tried switching off voLte and wifi calling, I tried by putting just one sim (the one registered with bank) in the phone, made sure all the permissions are granted, restarted and also did a factory reset, but nothing helped. I called my service provider (Airtel), they said that everything is working fine from their end and sent me a link with a tutorial showing how to enable Premium text message services in Special access menu in app permission. But I didnt find my meesage app listed there so I couldn't alter any settings there. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

9 Comments
pratik1718
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
bro i think if nothing is working download google messages and make it default then try again maybe that will help
0 Likes
Subhajit_Bose
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk

I tried that too, but it didn't help. But I think I have identified the problem.  I noticed that the SMS centre number needs to be updated so I tried changing my SMS centre number using Samsung default SMS app but I was unable to do so.  An error message is popping up saying "Unable to change SMS centre address". I tried typeing *#*#4636#*#* in dialler app but it didn't take me to phone information page. I cannot figure out how to change the SMS Centre number.

veenar
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
i had the same problem so changed my sim and it worked. This probkem usually occurs when you u
change your phone.
0 Likes
Darshankd
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
Does anyone have solution for this? I am also stuck with the same problem
naivedyak
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
I am stuck with the same problem. Anyone has any solution to this as of now?
Zanchelle
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
Settings > Apps > Options (the three dots on top right) > reset app preferences

Now try sending a premium SMS, and the phone will give a pop up saying "this would incur charges" or something like that. Check "remember choice" and then select "Always Allow". Now the "premium sms" option should list the messaging app.

If not happening with default sms app, use 3rd party app like google messages or Microsoft SMS organizer and repeat the process.
0 Likes
Yudhi76
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
Just remove sim card and clean it. Reinstall and try.it worked in my case
DipD
Beginner Level 3
Tech Talk

I recently purchased a Galaxy A34 and after changing my Vodafone SIM I experienced this issue. Normal messages were being sent without any issues. This persisted even after I changed the Message center numbers from the Vodafone customer care guys. I tried many other things and nothing seemed to work for me, like the rest of you. Then, I took heed of an advice sent by one of us here, of removing the SIM, cleaning it and then re-inserting it, followed with a restart of the phone. Voila! it worked 🙂 

0 Likes
atul_12
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
Has it been solved? I am facing issue with my mee 5g
0 Likes