Beginner Level 2

Hi, recently I bought a Samsung Galaxy S20+ and encountered issues with verifying UPI id. SMS service is working fine and I can send and recieve SMS and OTP, but when I am trying to verify my UPI Id linked to the registered number, it's failing to verify. None of my UPI apps are working. When I opened my message app I found that the verifying sms sent by the UPI apps are not getting delivered, but when I am manually tapping and resending them, they are getting delivered with ease. I tried all the troubleshooting processes I found on the internet. I have sufficient balance on my phone, I tried switching off voLte and wifi calling, I tried by putting just one sim (the one registered with bank) in the phone, made sure all the permissions are granted, restarted and also did a factory reset, but nothing helped. I called my service provider (Airtel), they said that everything is working fine from their end and sent me a link with a tutorial showing how to enable Premium text message services in Special access menu in app permission. But I didnt find my meesage app listed there so I couldn't alter any settings there. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

3 Comments
Active Level 3
bro i think if nothing is working download google messages and make it default then try again maybe that will help

I tried that too, but it didn't help. But I think I have identified the problem.  I noticed that the SMS centre number needs to be updated so I tried changing my SMS centre number using Samsung default SMS app but I was unable to do so.  An error message is popping up saying "Unable to change SMS centre address". I tried typeing *#*#4636#*#* in dialler app but it didn't take me to phone information page. I cannot figure out how to change the SMS Centre number.

Beginner Level 2
i had the same problem so changed my sim and it worked. This probkem usually occurs when you u
change your phone.