Original topic:

The OneUI Review (my experience)

(Topic created on: 12-12-2018 01:44 PM)
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

8070bf16-bbb5-427e-a363-6f04c49abd65.jpg

As we know Samsung has released OneUI beta for its flagships, So I thought why not to make a short review highlighting on few points and share my Experience.

User Interface : I like the new user interface with rounded corners and new animations. One hand usage is the primary motive of this new UI. The UI feels smooth even in beta and fast and fluid without any glitches. Though there are few bugs here and there which will be fixed.

Camera : New Camera UI is a welcome change, I like how the Camera interface is done with important tabs below and AR Emoji & Bixby Vision on top. Scene Optimizer and Flaw Detection is welcomed on S9. I haven't noticed any rear camera improvements but in Video I feel they have fixed the exposure issue on S9. Also front camera feels improved on S9.

Battery : Battery life seems to have slightly increased but I don't like that Samsung hasn't included Digital Wellbeing & Adaptive Battery features from Android Pie.

RAM Management : RAM Management is fine as it was on Oreo. Though App loading times have slightly increased. Also I noticed that after updating to OneUI, my internal storage got little bit free.

Cellular Reception & Mobile Data : Call Quality is good. voLTE is working as well. But I don't like the new call screen. Also I noticed improvements in my mobile data speeds.

Navigation Gestures : The navigation gestures is awesome, looks clean while using Social Media apps, as they can now utilize the whole screen.

Night Mode : This is one of the best features I liked in OneUI, Super AMOLED screen along with night mode helps conserve some battery. I think this every manufacturer should implement on their phone.

Biometrics : Face Unlock & Iris Scanning now feels fast, may be due to the placibo effect of Animations. Rise to wake is also very helpful, without clicking power button.

Always On Display : Like the always on display with coloured icons. Also touch to see AOD is very nice feature.

Apart from this if you have any Questions feel free to comment down below. I will answer all your queries.
18 Comments
Prasanth797
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Great bro
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
😊
Shiv9564
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Nice review
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks 😊
Abhishekanand
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
nice
BunnyGirl
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
u should have added screen shot of mentioned topics
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
don't worry bro, i will post a very detailed review soon with screen shots. it has been just 1 day using it.
Ayushh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
whn it's gonna come in S8?
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
probably in february or march next year.
0 Likes