Original topic:

My Galaxy S20 Plus Experience after 15 Days (Exynos Variant)

(Topic created on: 05-23-2020 11:06 PM)
Arun83
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,

I am writing my user review for S20 Plus after 15 days of usage. I will mention few pros and cons. This is my experience and you might have different experience from me.

This might be a lenghtly review, please bear with me ;)

I was generally happy with Samsungs UI since Galaxy S3. Small features which makes our task so easier.

All these time I was only experiencing the Exynos Variant ( From s3, s4, s5, s6, s7 edge, note 9 and S10e)  as we don't get the SD Variant in India.

In between i have used LG, Sony, OnePlus and HTC flagship devices as I change my devices frequently.

In between when I switch to other devices the main thing I was noticing was much better heat management and battery efficiency on Snapdragon Processor devices.

On December 2019 I sold my S10e and got Oneplus 7T and was really happy with it the performances,  battery life and Superfast updates from OnePlus. But I was missing that camera performance of Samsung.

Due to an issue in my wife's oneplus 5 device, I gave her my OP 7t and was planning to buy OP 8 Pro mainly for the SD 865 processor and 256gb internal storage. I know you might say if you use a 256gb sd card your device memory will have 384gb. But like lot of you guys I also am using 2 sim cards, an official and a personal number.

But as the OP 8 pro sale was pushed back to 29th May due to the lockdown situation. I had options of going with S20 or S20 Plus. 

I am glad I went with S20 Plus based on youtube reviewers input. I wanted a compact device but due to poor response and review for S20 I went with S20 Plus.

Pros: 

1. Display : Simply awesome. Was hoping for ud front camera but small cutout in the cwnter is not a big deal.
2. Speakers : very loud and clear, it lacks a bit in lows but overall great sound quality 
3. Overall form factor is graet for a 6.7" display.
4. Cameras are great. As always I am happy with Samsungs cameras. Sometime it feels over saturated in situations where there are red objects in the scene.
5. Network Signal reception and call quality are great.
6. 120Hz refresh rate is awesome. Eventhough i was having a 90hz refresh rate device before i can makeout the smoothness in scrolling and general usage. 
7. OneUI 2.1 has really skinned down lot of unwanted things from previous version. So kudos for that.
8. No annoying Bixby button ;)
9. Finally battery life is decent and can get upto... 5hrs of SOT with 1080p and 120hz refresh rate.
6hrs of SOT with 1440p and 60 hz refresh rate. 
6.30 hrs of SOT with 1080p and 60hz refresh rate.

Now cons: Actually there are few of them which might be deciding factors for few. So read them carefully.

1. No 5g Variant in India. If you are planning to keep the device for atlease 2 to 3 years then look somewhere else as we might start getting 5g network support within couple of years.

2. No SD865 in India and Europian countries. This is the worst tactics by Samsung. They keep on justifying that it will be expensive if they use SD variant in India !!!!! 

Comon Sammy.... you know very well that we in India buy device paying complete amount and don't have any carrier tie-up. When we are paying you 78K for a device, don't you think we will pay you 5K extra for a better Chipset with great battery life, better heat management and better performance.... ?????
3. I really can't understand why are you giving 8k video recording option and only 128gb internal memory option in India and a hybrid sim slot at that.... not a dedicated sd card slot if not 256gb.
4. Battery life is just Ok. We can see lots of SD 865 and Exynos comparison videos on youtube where our so-called very much capable Exynos bites the dust both in battery life and performance. Even heat management is better in SD 865.

Well cons apart. Eventhough I was relieved to see that heat management is pretty decent this year compared to all earlier Exynos models (S7 edge was also and exceptional device). Still I can't digest the fact that we still are getting the Exynos Variant in India with no 5g support and no higher internal memory options.

If so then you might ask me why did I bought this ???

As I told, I change my device regularly, I am not planning to keep the device for more than an year. By that time if 5g network picks up the pace then I will swith to other device.

If Samsung still pushes the Exynos Variant next year then no matter how much I like using Samsung devices I will not buy one.

Hope you might like my lenghty review.

Take care guys and choose wisely.....

8 Comments
CipherF10
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
completely agree on this. no more buying samsung flagship if they use Exynos chip.
User28
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Agreed.
Pavit
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
join us if you're not satisfied with product
0 Likes
Keshav21
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I think your SOT is not fine.
In my S10 which has 3400mah battery, I get atleast 5 hrs SOT with fHD resolution
0 Likes
Arun83
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
yes for 1080p 60 hzs i get 6.30hrs sot but for 120hz refresh rate it reduces a lot
Keshav21
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I think all Samsung flagships have terrific battery life
Arun83
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes generally battery life will be good. But still if you have a flagship device with Snapdragon chipset, you will get even better battery life than what we get from Exynos chipset....
S0uvik10
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Right we should boycott using samsung untill they give snapdragon in india.Exynos is the worst chipset.