Original topic:

S23+ Detailed Review(long term review)

(Topic created on: 09-11-2023 07:26 PM)
CODM6567
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hey Samsung Members,Moderators,BAs

As promised I am dropping the S23+ review. I would like to do a 4 month review of this, will provide some necessary suggestions too. If someone could forward them I would be very happy. 

1. Design and built

In terms if Design is very neat,clean and professional looking. Very minimal design with no camera island. I 
personally prefer Contour Cut design but this one is also very great.
Built Quality is aweosome. Gorilla glass victus 2 protection gives us a sense of relief. Also the Aromor Aluminum frame gives extra strength to it.

2. Display

Very bright and colorful display. The Dynamic Amoled 2x panel(M11) is one of the best display in market.
Peak brightness(1750) is also very good. Never feel difficulties in outdoor.
Only thing which I want extra was WQHD+ display in plus.

3. Performance 

The S23+ is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 GEN 2 for galaxy/ leading version.
The gaming performance is excellent. Codm runs very well on this phone even at higher settings.
Thermals are very good in this device.
One of the best Samsung device which I can recommend for gaming also😅

4.MULTIMEDIA 

Beautiful Display+Loud stereo speakers(dolby atmos)+HDR 10plus support=Fantastic experience. I love watching movies on this device as well as you tube.
I would like Samsung to add some more loudness to speaker it will be much better.

5. Camera

Specs
  • Primary: 50MP 1/1.56″ sensor, 1.0 μm pixels, f/1.8 aperture lens, PDAFOIS
  • Ultra-wide: 12MP 1/2.55″ sensor, 1.4µm pixels, f/2.2 aperture lens, Super Steady Video
  • Tele: 10MP 1/3.94″ sensor, 1.0µm pixels, f/2.4 aperture lens, PDAF, OIS
  • Selfie: 12 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), Dual Pixel PDAF

Main(night mode)

Tele

Wide

Ultra wide

Tele(moving train)

Wide

Wide

Wide

Tele

Opinion
1. The camera is overall good and competes with iPhone
2. Vedio is Average.
3. Before August there were more noise and over sharpening. However August update fixed that. Thank you Samsung 😊 
4. Telephoto can be 5x instead of 3x that would have been better but this is also good.
5. Night mode is good and above average. Not the best. Please Samsung work on it.

Overall:-this flagship cam setup seriously nice.

6. Software 

ONEUI is the best ui among the Android smartphones. Fluid,feature rich, smooth and very responsive. 
Software optimization is next level and lots and lots of customization through good lock and themes app.
With 4+5 yrs of update and fastest update Giving tendency Samsung takes edge over it's competitors. 
Multitasking is just awesome .

7. Battery
The S23+ has Awesome battery life on 5g as well as 4g. Given below is a proof. Best battery life ever on S series

8. NETWORK AND CONNECTIVITY 

So that's the end of my review. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Bbd sale is very near, if you can get this device in 70-80k then it justify it's price. 
If it's urgent then buy S23(base) at 60k from offline
Signing off

14 Comments
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Good overall balanced.
In my opinion though S23+ doesn't provide much value over S23 for price difference of 15k.
CODM6567
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
thats why i have mentioned 70k-80k price justifies it in the end.
0 Likes
Arvis_04
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Never only 60k justify base variant, aap ne ye nahi bataya kitne mein purchase kiya?
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

No, the battery  and UWB has advantages over base s23 ,else both has same piece of hardware.

0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
UWB hardly has any use case as of now, at least in India.
Battery Life of S23 is also great.
I am only saying price difference is too big to justify.
S23 feels just about right size.
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Nah man I have to charge it twice don't play any games in it but still.Battery in base variant is so small,they should extend it in future variant.

CODM6567
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That's why I prefer plus although it's not value for money but in a long term usage you must have a solid battery.
Galaxy S
This is actually a good phone.
calaway
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Yes i too recently had bought it and its the best samsung device i have ever owned..especially the battery ife, its superb...battery life is better than even some 5000 mah devices..thats just outstanding...the only con if i had to say one is the fingerprint sensor..after applying tempered glass, the sensor doesnt work like i thought it would whereas other midrangers like a54 fingerprint sensor works really well even with tempered glass on.