Original topic:

Screen Resolution

(Topic created on: 01-05-2020 07:30 AM)
GeojiGeorge
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Guys, Today morning while I woke up suddenly I had a doubt lol. My question is that, Changing the display resolution in setting will affect the video quality ? To be clear, if I change my screen resolution from WQHD+ to FHD, do I lose clarity when playing a 4k video ?
9 Comments
DevenderSingh
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
no... it's not affecting on playing video
0 Likes
ketani72
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Video quality depends upon FPS (frames per second), not on what screen resolution you choose.
0 Likes
xda_in_dev98
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yes. But u can't feel the difference between WQHD+ and FHD+ with naked eyes. Although jumping to HD+ will.

And there is no big deal in watching the videos. If u want 4K videos like.. in full resolution, switch it to WQHD+ ( for your satisfaction ). Also, changing to WQHD+ will enable 4K video playback in YouTube.
0 Likes
GeojiGeorge
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
ok so if I select full HD resolution, then I will get the full HD as maximum quality not anything higher than full hd lol.
Thanks for your reply, because there are a lot of misconceptions that if we choose full hd resolution, it will only affect the apps and displays except the videos and games.
xda_in_dev98
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Using WQHD+ will effect ur battery and performance of the device lil bit ( unnoticeable ). But if u are a video maniac, and charging ur device ain't an issue, then select WQHD+
0 Likes
Saravdev
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
sorry for the basic question, the max resolution i get in youtube is 1440p , does it considered as 4K video?
0 Likes
xda_in_dev98
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
thats 2K...
0 Likes
Galaxy S
theoretical yes!!! since the devices have small screen you won't be able to see the difference but if you ask a professional cinematographer/video editor who has good knowledge, will definitely show you the difference. try changing the resolution of the big screen and you will find the answer you are looking for.
by the way video is not all about resolution, things like bit,format,mbps,encoding software and much more can affect the quality of the video
0 Likes
bharatshaan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
If you change device setting to FHD+ then you won't be able to play UHD videos on YouTube. I'm not sure about the UHD videos that you have saved on your phone. but you should not be able to play those as well as they run on WQHD+ settings.
0 Likes