Original topic:

Samsung S22 Ultra Display Issue After Software Update

(Topic created on: 08-15-2023 12:22 PM)
KM_BARI
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Dear Samsung Members,

I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to share my recent experience with my Samsung S22 Ultra, which has left me both disappointed and concerned. I believe it's important to bring this matter to your attention and to the attention of fellow Samsung users who might be facing a similar situation.

A few weeks ago, I eagerly updated my Samsung S22 Ultra to the latest software version, expecting to benefit from enhanced features and improved performance. However, to my dismay, I encountered a significant issue following the update: my phone's display became damaged and began malfunctioning. Lines and distortions started to appear on the screen, rendering my device nearly unusable.

As a loyal Samsung customer, I immediately contacted customer care team for assistance. To my surprise, I was informed that my device's warranty had already expired, and therefore, they were unable to replace or repair the damaged display without charge. This left me in a difficult position, as the damage was clearly a result of the recent software update, and not due to any mishandling on my part.

I want to emphasize that I have always taken great care of my Samsung devices, and I find it hard to believe that a routine software update could cause such extensive damage. It's concerning that after the update, my phone's display, which was functioning perfectly prior to the update, is now unusable.

I kindly request that Samsung thoroughly investigates this issue and provides a solution for affected users, especially considering the potential impact on customer trust and satisfaction. While my personal experience has been disheartening, I hope that my feedback can contribute to preventing similar instances for other Samsung users.

I invite fellow Samsung users who have encountered display issues following the recent software update to share their experiences in this thread. By doing so, we can collaborate and potentially find a resolution or workaround to alleviate this problem.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I remain hopeful that Samsung will take this matter seriously and work towards maintaining the quality and reliability that your brand is known for.

Members_zaQ7FfA
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Bro i am also facing same issue 

We will drop a compliant at consumer court 

Drop your mobile numbers to connecting all the customers by social groups 

I am also going to service centere they are also try to escape.... From this situation

They told me to contat the customer care and sort out the issue. But there is no use....

So i kindly request you to all the customers who is facing this issue  we all are going to the consumer court and drop the case. 

Thank you 

0 Likes
RSGoa
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
My S22 display too has a pink line n no response from service centre since 2 weeks now
0 Likes
Members_DfnTS0B
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Hi,

I update my S22 ultra few days back and after that this issue happened.
what should I do? Its a technical issue i think. May be the software
update has the problem. Suddenly my S22 Ultra screen becomes white and I
did not see anything apart from white Color screen. touch are working
fine but can't see anything except white color screen. I try
to boot in safe mode but still screen become white and I am unable to
see anything.

I visit the service center they told me the screen has technical error and you need to replaced the display and it will cost you 21,500/- but the thing is they also check my mobile and they notice there is no physical damage on my device. so there is not my fault, after updating the os and security patch this issue happened so how can I bear this cost

0 Likes
babuDEC23
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same problem is faced by me. There are plenty customers who bought Samsung S 22 ultra and facing the same issues as seen on internet. It is fefinitely a manufacturing and quality issue about the product or component. All need to form a group and take up the matter with Samsung top officials across the globe and get all these defective sets to repair or replace free of cost irrespective of wsrranty status.
SKV100
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I am facing the same problem, whether anyone from Samsung is hearing, otherwise I will move to I- phone next time. IMG-20231219-WA0057_1000039333_1702988608.jpg
0 Likes
ris13
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I am also facing exact same issue...any solution for it
Salman123345778
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Bro I am also
0 Likes
iceman1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Same issue for me. Lets see what customer helpline say. It's a common which Samsung have acknowledged.
0 Likes
iceman1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Update: the display replacement was done for free till 31 Dec 23. Now they are charging 21k for replacement. Utterly useless. Time to swtich to Apple.
0 Likes
Nabeel_Mhd_
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I have issue in display when motion smoothness is in adaptive mode. It happened today. They was no fault from my side. Reading these posts I find that many of users have similar issue. Do anybody has a permanent solution. Does samsung takes this issue seriously (my device is out of warranty). Or is this issue to be taken legally ?

0 Likes