Original topic:

Samsung S20 Ultra Overheating problem while playing PUBG

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 06:16 PM)
Khalydmuzaffar
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

I truly regret buying the S20 Ultra 5G just as it was launched. The phone's performance is quite pathetic and miserable as compared to the same category offerings from other companies. The Exynos 990 CPU is not up to the expectation and the Mali GPU makes things worst. The temperature of the phone rises up to 43 degree centigrade after 20 minutes of gameplay on PUBG. Playing with a lower frame rate to avoid the heatup issue makes it totally useless. If I wanted to play on a lower frame rate I would have stuck with my old phone. This was my 4th consecutive purchase of a Samsung high-end mobile and I am going to look for other options from now on.  

6 Comments
veer
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Send feedback to samsung via member app wait for next update hoep Samsung slove this issue
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Get refund voucher from Samsung. Complaint on consumer forum website.
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Dude if you play any game even at low fps it does heat a lot because games has high graphics and while playing the phone do get hot for a while which is normal one and not a big issue as it's not a gaming phone and you know how gaming phones are designed.
0 Likes
RiktamSarkar
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

@bravetiger You are an example of a person who is extremely ignorant. Are you seriously kidding me gaming smartphone has nothing with the inferior and the worst GPU and CPU of Exynos. Even iPhone 10 processor is betterand can handle any game, is it a gaming smartphone?

Gaming smartphone just have different specifications but uses the same high end processor from Snapdragon. They don't have exclusive processor which is only made for gaming smartphone. I hope your answer was a joke or you made a fool out of yourself  

0 Likes
Samsung_Support5
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
vedvyas
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have been facing overheating issue with note 20 ultra for a month with camera app if use camera just for 10 mins, & I visited samsung service center two days back. My device was updatd at service center. But issue remains. Looks like the exynos 990 is a garbage chipset.
0 Likes