Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra premium smartphone screen green line issue

(Topic created on: 04-30-2024 11:57 PM)
Achalsengar
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with Samsung's response to the green line
issue that has been affecting many Galaxy S21 Ultra devices.
On August 22, 2023, I installed the latest software update for my Galaxy S21 Ultra.
Shortly thereafter, I noticed a vertical green line appear on the screen. I have not
dropped or damaged my phone in any way.
I contacted Samsung customer support and was told that the green line issue is not
related to the software update. I was also told that I would need to pay for the repair.
I am very disappointed with Samsung's response. I believe that the green line issue
is clearly related to the software update, as many other Galaxy S21 Ultra users have
reported the same issue after installing the update.
I am also aware that Google has acknowledged that the green line issue can occur
after software updates in Samsung devices. In a recent blog post, Google stated
that "the green line issue is caused by a software bug that affects the way the
display drivers communicate with the display hardware."
I urge Samsung to reconsider its position and to offer free repairs to Galaxy S21
Ultra users who have been affected by the green line issue. This is a widespread
issue that is clearly caused by Samsung's software. It is unfair to expect customers
to pay for repairs that are not their fault.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sincerely,
Achal Sengar

The green line issue is a hardware problem that can occur on Samsung devices after a software update. It is characterized by a vertical green line that appears on the screen, usually in the center or on the side. The line can be solid or dashed, and it may be faint or bright. The exact cause of the green line issue is not known, but it is believed to be related to a problem with the phone's AMOLED display. AMOLED displays are made up of tiny organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs), and each OLED can produce its own color. When one of these OLEDs fails, it can cause a vertical green line to appear on the screen. The green line issue can occur on any Samsung device that has an AMOLED display, but it is most commonly seen on newer models, such as the Galaxy S22 series and the Galaxy Z Fold 4. The issue can also occur after a major software update, such as a new Android version. There is no way to fix the green line issue without replacing the phone's display. If you are experiencing this issue, you should contact Samsung customer support for assistance. Here are some things you can do to prevent the green line issue from occurring: Avoid dropping or hitting your phone. Do not expose your phone to extreme temperatures or moisture. Update your phone's software regularly. Back up your data regularly in case your phone needs to be repaired. If you do experience the green line issue, it is important to contact Samsung customer support as soon as possible. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and determine if your phone is eligible for a free repair.
amitallsmile
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
To: Mr. Harmeet Singh Arora, CEO, Samsung India

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with Samsung's response to the green line

issue that has been affecting many Galaxy S20 Ultra devices.

On July 22, 2023, I installed the latest software update for my Galaxy S20 Ultra.

Shortly thereafter, I noticed a vertical green line appear on the screen. I have not

dropped or damaged my phone in any way.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s20-note-20-green-pink-lines-screen-replacement-free/Screenshot_20230905_061657_WhatsAppBusiness.jpg
Seaguls
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I am facing the same with s21 utra and service centre refused free display replacement 😐 This happened for me in s20 ultra too... worried on next upgrade.... very disappointed
Achalsengar
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Don't be worry about too much...

Just took photos of that device from every angles and than submit yiur device in service center and wait also post emails on every platforms of samsung after this be prepared about point to point argue with customer Executives.
Seaguls
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I got it replaced for free.

Just paid INR 502
Darshh
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Did the service centre representative agree to replace without any questions asked or you had to email samsung to get approval?
Seaguls
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
They just verified and made sure that there is no hardware damages that can cause the issue.. Then they raised a request with samsung and once approved, replaced the hardware..
PrabirMallick
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Similar issue I am facing with my S21 ultra 5g and they are  refusing to give a free replacement and this is completely their fault as they told they will provide with 3 year updated and there is nowhere our fault in these line issue in the devices as if there software is not so well compatible with the hardware then do optimise the software or don't provide us the update. Reparing it again with an amount of 22,000 is not reasonable at all as the the new s23 ultra display with such upgrade only costs around 16600. At least one plus is giving a fare deal by accepting their fault and giving a free replacement after all.

JP25
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I am facing the same issue of green line on my s21 ultra soon after i downloaded the updated software. This bug or greeline issue came on my phone. After speaking to customer care, they asked me to visit the service center and get it checked for any physical damage or water damage. After it was thoroughly checked & said its in okay condition by the tech team, I have been given a paper with the job sheet and have been asked to wait for them to contact me. Hope that they rectify the issue and help in getting my phone fixed. So that I enjoy the best Samsung has and will offer. Hope they resolve at the earliest
Achalsengar
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
all the best...this is a legal process but you have to justify your phone issue with emails and post also..
0 Likes
MondalDeb
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have also visited the service center. They refused me to do that just because they found third party open this phone and the back panel have out side glue. It doesn't cover this replacement policy by samsung.But there are no physical damage. And the service center also said that.