Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra: 8-Month Review

(Topic created on: 12-10-2023 08:16 AM)
TheVoid
★★
Options
Galaxy S
Having used the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra for over eight months, I can confidently provide a comprehensive and professional review. As a Samsung Members Star and a tech enthusiast, I have strived to remain objective and unbiased in my assessment, focusing on key aspects like design, camera, screen, battery, and performance.

Design & Build:

The S23 Ultra exudes sophistication with its minimalist design and premium materials. The frosted glass back, though prone to smudges, conveys a sense of luxury. Gorilla Glass Victus+ on both sides offers exceptional scratch and drop resistance. Despite its substantial size, the phone's curved display edges and rounded corners ensure comfortable handling. The integrated S Pen seamlessly integrates with the software, enhancing productivity and creative expression.

Camera:

The quad-lens camera system, spearheaded by a groundbreaking 200MP main sensor, delivers exceptional photo and video quality across diverse lighting conditions. Nightography mode captures vibrant, detailed images even in low light, while telephoto lenses provide impressive zoom capabilities. The front-facing camera shines with its sharp selfies and accurate color reproduction. Intuitive software offers automatic and manual controls, catering to both novice and experienced photographers. The ultrawide camera is the weakest lens but with adequate conditions it performs well.

Some pictures clicked on the S23 Ultra

Screen:

The 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with its QHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, and HDR10+ support is truly remarkable. It delivers vibrant colors, deep blacks, and a buttery smooth experience for browsing, watching videos, or gaming. Though it is a curved display, there are no issues with ghost touches.

Battery:

The 5,000mAh battery consistently lasts a full day, even with intensive usage. Samsung's software optimizations further enhance battery life, making the S23 Ultra a reliable companion for long, demanding days. Fast wired and wireless charging options facilitate quick battery replenishment when needed.

Processor & Performance:

The Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset powers the S23 Ultra, delivering blazing-fast performance ideal for gaming, multitasking, and running demanding applications. I experienced no lag or slowdown during my usage, demonstrating the phone's ability to handle even the most intensive tasks with ease. I upgraded from S22 Ultra and I have felt the massive difference in terms of performance, image processing and battery life.

Android OS & Updates:

The S23 Ultra ships with the latest Android version and receives guaranteed updates for 4 years, ensuring a future-proof experience. Samsung's One UI interface is clean, user-friendly, and customizable, offering a plethora of features and settings for personalized experiences. The new One UI 6 does bring in more improvements and S23 Ultra received the stable One UI 6 version back in October 2023.

Additional Notable Features:

S Pen Integration: The S Pen provides a natural and intuitive way to interact with the device, making it ideal for note-taking, drawing, and photo editing.

5G Connectivity: Utilizing the latest 5G networks, the phone offers ultra-fast data speeds for seamless streaming, downloading, and online gaming.

Under-display Fingerprint Sensor: The fast and reliable fingerprint sensor provides convenient unlocking.

Reverse Wireless Charging: The S23 Ultra can wirelessly charge other Qi-compatible devices.

Price:

While the S23 Ultra carries a premium price tag, it reflects its exceptional features and capabilities. Its powerful camera system, stunning display, long-lasting battery, and top-tier performance position it as a compelling option for users seeking the best smartphone experience.

Pros:

- Exquisite design and premium build

- Unrivaled camera system with exceptional image quality

- Stunning display with vibrant colors and smooth performance

- Long-lasting battery with optimized performance

- Powerful processor for demanding tasks

- Latest Android version and guaranteed updates until 2027 which means Android 17.

- S Pen integration for enhanced productivity and creativity

- Future-proof 5G connectivity

- Reverse wireless charging for added convenience

Cons:

- Premium pricing may not be accessible to everyone

- Large size and weight may not be suitable for all users

- Concerns regarding the S Pen silo's potential fragility

- Screen protectors are a challenge because of the curved display

Overall:

The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra stands out as a top-tier smartphone, delivering exceptional performance, a remarkable camera system, and a stunning display in a premium package. While its hefty price tag might deter some, the phone's overall value proposition remains attractive for those seeking the best possible Android experience.

Final Rating: 4.75 out of 5 stars

11 Comments
AGalaxyuser
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Very informative review. Waiting for the S24 Ultra launch.
Galaxy S
Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.
I am personally not that excited for the S24 launch, mainly because of all the leaked information. If it would be all about AI, then it doesn't excite me.
Ultra_Devil
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Good One Bro.. Owning an 23 Ultra is awesome.. people may not be happy with its cons and trust me.. but this is a beast till the date..it depends on your usage.. it's like you are owning a Mustang but depends on your Driving skills some may complaint about it and some enjoys it as much as they can.. love you lost keep it up..
Galaxy S
Thanks for the kind words. And glad that you liked my view on this beast.
And I agree not everyone will like everything about it so I wanted to be as objective as possible. That is why I even listed out some Cons as per my opinion.
0 Likes
BUGM4N
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm absolutely impressed with the S23 Ultra! The camera quality is exceptional, and the overall performance is top-notch. Loving every moment with this amazing device. 👌 #S23Ultra #TechEnthusiast"
Galaxy S
That's brilliant. S23 Ultra is definitely one of the top 2 android smartphones on 2023 as an overall package.
0 Likes
ShahedP
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Do you use tempered glass or screen protector(paper)?
Please suggest which better for S23Ultra
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I have been using matte screen protector for the past 3 months. I prefer this over tempered glass. Cases does not cause any issue with the screen protector, but when I was using tempered glasses, even the official cases used to cause bubbles, and then I had to replace the tempered glass.
ShahedP
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Does the screen get damaged or scratches after removing the tempered glass?
0 Likes