Original topic:

S21 Ultra Broken camera glass

(Topic created on: 05-06-2021 10:38 PM)
Vasu5372
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I bought S21 Ultra 2 weeks back. Never dropped it and the phone is mostly sitting on the table due to WFH. 
Yesterday I kept the phone on the table at night and I was surprised to see the cracks on the Telephoto lens today when I picked up the phone in morning.
This is a similar issue that the S20 users are facing. This is definitely a design flaw. I just can't believe this is happening to a flagship phone.

Now I have to run around to get it fixed in the middle of the pandemic.

See this:

32 Comments
Galaxy S
Yep. It's exactly same issue of S20. But Samsung should replace it for free my guess.
Vasu5372
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Ya. But they didn't replace it for free for any of the S20 users. They acknowledged few days back that it is not customer's fault. I think I will have to pay for this. Also, number of s20 users told that replacing it once didn't help them as this is a repetitive issue. I have no idea what to do.
0 Likes
AMPK
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Send a feedback to Samsung and find out what they say
0 Likes
Vasu5372
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yeah. I will be doing that tomorrow
0 Likes
Galaxy S

If u bought official phone from Samsung then you have 1 year warranty so they will replace the glass free.

0 Likes
Vasu5372
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I bought it officially from the Samsung website. Have an additional Servify Insyrance as well apart from the normal warranty. But the Servify ppl say that this is cosmetic issue and cannot be covered in warranty
0 Likes
Vasu5372
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
So mostly I will have to pay for it. I have no issues paying for it but I am not sure if the issue will be fixed and not occur again. Major problem with this issue is that the Waterproofing is gone because of the cracks
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Don't rely too much on ip68 rating. Some Note user already suffered thinking that their phone has ip68 feature and drowned their phone under water for video recording or some other reason and the phone became dead within few minutes. If the camera lens glass can be broken without any reason than i doubt their ip68 feature.

0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It was a design flaw in S20 series where the camera glass shattered for many users without any specific reason, but its not the case with S21 series. You might be the first one reporting this with S21 Ultra. So Samsung can't do anything if only one user is having this issue.
0 Likes