note 8 and note 9 update issue

(Topic created on: 09-08-2020 04:47 PM)
Sanjay1990
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello everyone,

I have both, note 8 and note 9.

Is everyone facing display issues after the latest security patch update?

Should we do it through desktop/laptop instead of downloading it directly through WiFi?

If updating to latest security patch is not advisable then how to get rid of that notification?

Thanks,
Sanjay

12 Comments
Galaxy Note
I too own a Note 9 and I update it through Smart Switch only.
Since it downloads the complete firmware so there is very less possibility to have bugs or glitches.
So I'll suggest you to give it a try.

I've no issues from updating through it.

I hope it resolves your issue and if it does then don't forget to accept solution so as to help others too.

Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
me thak chuka hoon logo ko batate hue ki simply software update mat karo agar software loop hole se bachna chate ho to 😝🤣
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Not everyone has that amount of Data no. That's why they think about it. As you already know it downloads whole firmware. 😅😅
0 Likes
Abusaleh77
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
but i how to update through smart switch?
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
If you have good wifi connection it is alright to download firmware however using mobile data only creates issues because of erratic bandwidth
Those who say wifi is not good is only a rumour and a myth.
If that was the case then Samsung would only provide smartswitch for downloading and remove OTA. I have been using updates only over wifi and never had a single issue in last few years. So if you feel satisfied to use Smartswitch its upto you.
0 Likes
Lauki
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
No issues faced on updating via mobile data (Airtel carrier)
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
use smart switch and pc or better flash it via odin or through authorised samsung service center as samsung use odin software only for official purposes...wifi and mobile data is not process where samsung provides non A/b partition type Ota software
0 Likes
SubramaniamJ
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
display issues won't get resolved even if Odin is used..I flashed it...but no improvement
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
solve hoga kaise ? pahele wrong procedure se mar gaya display aur thode hi hoga ? I am using note3 ,s9 and note9 I never use mobile data or wifi for software update as I know very well that what samsung software can do if we simply update 🥱
0 Likes