Original topic:

note 20 ultra wifi issue

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 12:03 AM)
ksrdj
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Note 20 ultra serious wifi issue.  Wifi stops working telling no connection even though it is perfectly working with other devices including my note 10 plus . I have even raised the ticket to samsung . They acknowledged its a known issue and they are trying to resolve and will give update in the future.  It is seriously irritating to find that it can't do basic stuff like connecting  to wifi ..I have been the premium user of samsung mobile for around a decade ...and I feel this is the worst bug ever .

Anyone solved this issue ?? Any suggestion ? 

27 Comments
ksrdj
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
samsung response for the ticket
0 Likes
nairrr
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
am facing the same issue since Aug 29 on my 20 ultra.tried everything now Samsung customer care is asking me to visit the service centre !
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
try below steps may it help you

1. Forget all WIFI devices which were connected earlier.
Again turn on WIFI> Scan> and try to connect.

2. Or click on "add network "and try to add manually.
If after all settings if won't work then

3. Reset network settings >Settings>General Management>Reset >Reset network settings)
ksrdj
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
tried all this ..even tried resetting the phone .tried changing modem
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
if you tried all above way, then now you need to visit service centre
as normal conditions above settings fix the connectivity issue
0 Likes
ksrdj
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
even tried using my other phone Hotspot..as well 2 fiber wifi modems . tried resetting network settings , tried using device mac ,randomized mac , tried manual ip settings as well dhcp , tried turning off location wifi settings as well turning it on , tried factory reset , forgot all wifi and tried to connect. tried adding network manually . ..wifi works for 2 minutes then it drops ..showing explmatory mark next to wifi symbol..but in other device including note 10 plus it works perfectly. after 2 minutes it itself will connect....some software bug I guess
ksrdj
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
went to service center too they say it's known issue wait for the update . nothing wrong with the hardware .
ksrdj
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
thank you for your suggestion..you can see the official support message i got from the team too ..even xda and other forums many people have posted this issue .
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
but tell them this is a serious issue, how long you will have to wait
this is not a minor issue
keep continue to follow them
via WhatsApp
get help
email to official emails