Original topic:

Galaxy Note 10 Plus - Battery Charging Test

(Topic created on: 05-25-2020 01:24 PM)
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note

Issues Identified: Tested the phone after purchasing, The result is excellent. It charge 63% in just 30 mins and 100% in just 1 hr (turned off condition) But now in 30 mins, it charges only 56% and took I hr 17 mins to charge 100%. 

There is a peak charging of 16% during 40 to 50 mins. But the issue is between 20 to 30 and 30 to 40, charging drops drastically during this period. Also discharge is very quick within the 9 month of usage. Which is unacceptable.

Especially from 5%to O% it took hardly 2 mins and not even any apps usage. Which is alsp strange.
 I explained this to the so called service expert.
He simply saying the battery   charging is good and no issues. 

SAMSUNG,  I SPENT LOT OF TIME TO ANAIYSE THE BATTERY PERFORMANCE.  SO PLESE DO SOMETHING TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE. IF HIS ISSUE IS ONLY IN MY PHONE. PLEASE  REPLACE THE PHONE. 
11 Comments
souvik04
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
If you have battery charging problem, turn on flight mode while charging. make sure that you can turn off sync, location and bluetooth , wifi etc
0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
thank you software expert Souvik04.. Excellent tips ...
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Indeed the time is long for charging as you indicated 30 mins for 56% and 1hrs 17min for 100 percent that is a total of 1 hrs 47min right for full charge of 100. My old note 9 fast charge takes 1hr 24mins for full charge from 20% to 100%. This is pretty good. I have maintained my min battery percentage to 20 for longer battery life and remove the charger at 95% and dont wait till 100%. This cycle suits me . No complaints here.😉
0 Likes
souvik04
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I am not a expert, I am say it from my own experience 😊
0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
actually its not the correct way. if you read my message clearly, I mentioned I charged when the phone itself is turned off. so no matter whether we keep that in aeroplane mode or any other mode. With the same way I tested when the phone was new. it chaeges 63% in 30 mins andn100% in just 1hr. I tested with the charger that comes with box and also I bought brand new 25w charger and new cable from samsung. the result is same.

Now the issue is with either battery or Software. I did extensive test and then only posted here. so kindly avoid giving ideas like turn off that turn of this. hope you understand.

I'm using samsung S series phones from 2010. I bought all the S series except s20.
Dhruval06
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Problem is with the software. Any idea when Samsung will fix this?
0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I sent feedback, received reply from support team stating he forwarded the logs to technical expert team will see..
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device battery drain issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Your link asked us to turn off everything, better we stop using very expensive smartphone, atleast we will save money. unnecessarily buying your **bleep** so called flagship phones for 80K plus. You people dont know how to optimize battery performance, instead asking us to turn off everything. im using Iphone 10 i never turned off any features or sensors , getting excellent performance.

buy in note 10 plus, i turned off all the notifications, put all the apps in deepsleep mode except whatapp. even i Uninstaller unnecessary bloatware which samsung preinsyalling here. i turned off wifi, turned off auto brightness and kept at 40%. Turned off VoWifi, near by device scanning, Turned off NFC, not activated samsung pay, turned off location, turned off all additional features like lift to wake up like that. put 2nd sim in 2G only.

The only think i kept on is the phone. Even i can turned off phone, but tell me why the hell we have to buy the expensive **bleep**.

Pls learn from apple how to optimize battery.
0 Likes