Original topic:

Display Issues in Note 9 after March update

(Topic created on: 05-26-2020 09:03 PM)
samsung1waygic
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Samsung Team,

I have been facing diplay problems after I have updated the phone to March security patch. Initially it started slow but has become unmanageable. I have tried the series of steps suggested by the customer service representative

1. Reset setting - The issues is not solved

2. Restart is safe mode to check if it is caused by 3rd party apps - The issue is not solved and hence with samsung software or phone hard ware

3. Factory data reset - the issue is not solved 

My device is out of warranty. What is samsung's stance on this? 

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-9-march-2020-security-update-broken-screen/

15 Comments
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Visit service centre once they will reinstall it again.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
will try my luck with thjs
0 Likes
montu89c
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
Apparently, the issue is faced by many in new bootloader but Samsung seems to not accept it as their SW issue
0 Likes
AKD07
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
No OTA update since March in India. When is Samsung fixing this? I have intermittent screen color shift issue along with device heating problems.
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
you are now part of the display issue club. Only option is if Samsung wants, will resolve this matter. This cannot be corrected at user end. Update will come clubbed by june 1st week probably.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
hopefully. I just hope this is not a case of clumsy firmware update causing heating which in turn is breaking the display. Else even the update cannot save us
Ramugantla143
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
please update
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As you have tried all the steps we request you kindly visit the service center as your device needs physical inspection, to check for the service center opening timings kindly connect with our chat support through given link :  www.samsung.com/in/support

Kindly click on the link to check for the warranty : https://www.samsung.com/in/support/warranty/

Note :  Any physical damage does not fall under warranty.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
UPDATE: Visited service center. Their response is that it is likely to be a physical damage though they agreed they couldn't find any trace of damage on inspection. So that's the deal and display replacement is the only option and it would cost 17300. So much for a premium phone. Couldn't last an year and half. And why? All because samsung cannot get a firmware right despite all the customer centricity they boast of. This is my second such experience with Samsung after Note 5 and I am never buying a samsung flagship or for that matter a samsung phone ever again
0 Likes