Original topic:

[BUG] [M30] USB connected/disconnected notification, Fast Charging and connection issue

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 07:44 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy M

Two days ago, it was all fine.

I charged my M30 till 100% as always with Fast charging enabled.

Here I am today with 7 month old M30 with
1. USB Connected/Disconnected notification flashing on screen. It came all of a sudden out of nowhere. As for now, while writing this post, it has disappeared but others issues persist.

2. Phone not detecting the charger. I have to reboot while USB cable connected to get the phone charging.

That too charges in "Cable charging Mode" which at max draws 1.8A from charger and 20 to 100% takes almost 4 hours.

Whereas in Fast charge mode it draws almost 2.2~2.4A, and same 20 to 100% used to take approx 2.5 Hours.

3. Cannot connect to PC in first go, have to reboot with USB connected.

Things I've tried -

1. Change USB cable and adapter. Tried VIVO and RealMe adapters and cables. Issue persists.

2. Clean USB port and male connector of cable with IP Alcohol and small brush to remove any moisture and dust etc, just in case.

3. Read lots of posts on this forum and tried Settings reset. It didn't work. 

4. Factory reset from recovery also didn't work. The issue persists.

I've come to the conclusion that this is either - Firmware level issue OR hardware issue.

1. For  Firmware issue to happen, it would've appeared right way when I updated to Android 10 with March Patch. It is not the case.
In case, if something triggered this behaviour it should've got reset with factory reset. That too didn't happen.

2. So, I'm thinking this is something hardware related.

The daughter board has to be removed and cleaned, or in worst case might have to be replaced.
I can't get to the Service center right now due to lockdowns in Mumbai. 

The phone is in warrenty otherwise I would've opened it myself and took a look.
Anyway before giving any d*mb solutions, PLEASE READ THE POST Completely.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION - HERE

Thanks for reading.

cynogen
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
ya..because i flashed my phone yesterday...and just after flashing the same issue happens...
anand22
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
they will resolve the bug after new update with may be roll out in the end of this week
0 Likes
cynogen
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
guys please let us know..if anyone get software update from Samsung
0 Likes
anand22
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
facing same issue after update
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Yeah. I asked two of my friends, both have M30S. Same problem there too.
0 Likes
anand22
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
both of them getting that issue after recent update right
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
yep. Q with march patch.
0 Likes
prashhabtllg
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
I have the same issues, I have decided i will NEVER buy SAMSUNG again
look i personally know many people complaining in this model number the service centers are overloaded ..
think about it they launched a product with bug !
Akash75
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
same problem brother...Indore
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and would request you kindly visit the nearest Samsung service center once the lockdown is over and whenever you feel safe after it, as your device needs physical inspection and you have also tried all the steps in your device, to check for the service center kindly click on the link :  https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support