Original topic:

Wifi Direct

(Topic created on: 04-11-2020 08:21 AM)
Sagar31
Active Level 10
Options
Tech Talk

Wi-Fi Direct™ is a wireless technology that enables Wi-Fi Direct devices to establish a direct Wi-Fi connection over which the two can send and receive files. This means users on the go can print documents, share data, sync files, and display information from notebooks and netbooks, as well as from devices like smartphones and tablets. Products certified Wi-Fi Direct can connect to other wireless devices without joining a traditional wireless network or Wi-Fi® hotspot.

You can connect your phone with your TV to throw up family photos from your latest holiday, or send a contract directly to a collegues tablet for a signature - it's similar to Bluetooth connectivity and allows the transmission of files without the need for a Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth connection.  Some devices will use Bluetooth initially and switch to Wi-Fi direct when the file size is large enough and both devices allow the connection. 

To get started with sending files over Wi-Fi direct, follow the instructions below on connecting two mobile devices using Wi-Fi Direct: 

● If you want to send pictures then go to gallery app first

Step1: select pictures which you want to send 

Step 2: after selecting pictures click the share option as you can see below.

Step 3: Click Wifi direct option 

Step 4:  click the device to whom you want to send.

● For files

Step 1: Go to My files 

Step 2: select any document which you want to send.

Step 3 : click Wifi Direct

Step 4: click the device to whom you want to send files.

Wifi direct is one of the best features in terms of transferring files,images,etc. Its just like share it but when it comes to speed wifi direct is much better than share it. WIFI DIRECT is only available on Samsung Devices. 

2 Comments
ShahidBD
Active Level 9
Tech Talk
But, How can I share installed apps by WI-FI Direct?
0 Likes
Jarvis0705
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
after my phone got software update i cannot see wifi direct sharing option
0 Likes