Original topic:

Cannot get into hard reset mode on tab s6

(Topic created on: 01-02-2022 05:17 PM)
mridmaddi15
Active Level 2
Options
Tablets
Hi ,
I somehow can't remember my pin and when I try hard reset ,it takes me to SS rdx and I justcannot operate my tab . Any helps suggestions to reset my tablet ?
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Tablets
It may take multiple tries.
0 Likes
mridmaddi15
Active Level 2
Tablets
But does it need to be connected to a pc ?
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Tablets
Yes
0 Likes
mridmaddi15
Active Level 2
Tablets
Like would that be a requirement?
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Tablets
Mandatory since A11.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Tablets

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience you are facing. We understand your concern and will help you resolve this. Kindly follow the below steps to resolve your issue:

Kindly create data backup of your device via SMART switch mobile application or http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch pc suite.
Remember google password before resetting the device because it required during initial setup.

For this;
Open Gmail (https://accounts.google.com/servicelogin)
Select forgot password
Select "try another way" like mobile number, security question etc.
Select Next.
Enter a new password.
Tap on Next.

How to reset:

Please follow the below steps:

Step1: Navigate to apps screen and tap on Settings.
Step2: Tap on General Management.
Step3: Tap on Reset.

Note: List shows following reset options, kindly choose as per the symptom.

Reset settings: Reset all settings to their default
Reset network settings: Reset Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and other network settings to their default.
Factory data reset: Reset your device to its factory default settings. This will erase all data, including files and downloaded apps.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
mkserg84
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Hi there,

I had the same issue with my Tab S6 and couldn't unlock it even though I remembered the password since every time I did the hard reset procedure it got me to SS RDX mode.

After trying 100 different methods I managed to do a hard reset as follows,

1. Power off the table and disconnect all cables from it.

2. Push both volume UP/DOWN buttons together and connect the USB cable to it. It will take you to the download screen when you should do volume UP once again to get to download mode(in my case it shows the serial number and IMEI of the tablet). After getting to this point you will need to power off the device again using the power off button(do not disconnect the USB cable).

3. While the device is off push the power on button again and keep the volume UP and this time it will take you to the recovery mode.

It may sound very stupid but this is what helped me to get there after a few days of trying the 3rd point and getting to SS RDX mode. I assume when I tried to get to download mode it triggered something and the next time I got to recovery mode.

Hope it will help someone! Good Luck!

wtfwhy
Beginner Level 4
Tablets

hey! samsung as always didn't do anything to help the situation. ur explanation was perfect and i was able to factory reset my device! Samsung has just been one issue after another and they have some pretty terrible customer service. i wish the factory reset was explained because that seems like it was hard to get to a conclusion. i can't imagine how many times u needed to do it in order to get that result

0 Likes
NanoiMb
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

Thank You !!! Finally a working  solution !1

Walunga
Beginner Level 4
Tablets

This is brilliant! And sad to think that after hours online and asking Samsung support, they have no clue and can't just let one know how to do this!!! 

In fact, I was told there must be a problem with my device and I needed to book it in for flashing at a cost as I was out of warranty. Shameful!!!

My device is now fully reset thanks to mkserg84.

0 Likes