Original topic:

S Secure is still not so secure

(Topic created on: 12-23-2020 01:03 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Secure Folder
Hello everyone!

This post is regarding the two main and big problems with the S Secure app for me using the S Secure app. The app locks other apps but it's itself not so secure to prevent others from getting access to the locked apps.

1. There's no option to lock in device Settings app : The main big problem is that there's no option within the S Secure App to lock the in device Settings app. Which means anyone can change or do anything with the device settings.

2. We can't lock S Secure app itself through the S Secure app : Another big thing is, we can't lock the S Secure App from the list of options we get in the "Lock and mask apps" option. There's no option to lock the S Secure. Means, no matter how many apps we lock anyone can access it by uninstalling the S Secure easily.

Even while uninstalling the S Secure it doesn't ask for any Pin even if we set any Pin inside the S Secure app. It's almost going to be a year since S Secure received any update.

15 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
but i think no one can access settings without unlock your phone
Anonymous
Not applicable
Secure Folder
Yes but that's only possible if the person have set any Pattern, Pin or Password on the lockscreen. With Swipe to lock we can't expect that.
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
then bro this is user fault
Anonymous
Not applicable
Secure Folder
Having those 2 features in a app lock will make it more secure and in that case many who don't have any screen lock security for those also this S Secure app will come handy.
Š
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
App lock is pre-installed( atleast in A50).
Use Activity launcher to access it
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.szalkowski.activitylauncher
Then lock/ hide Activity launcher.

Screenshot_20201223-004943_Activity Launcher_4837.png

Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
regarding s secure, its really not secure,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Secure Folder
I totally agree with you if you look at the current situation of the S Secure app.
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
wo chhoro ye batao main is post ko like karta hi fir remove hojata ye s secure ki waja se to nahi😄😄
Anonymous
Not applicable
Secure Folder
That's an issue I'm also facing in the Samsung members app. If you like any post and then reply the "like" is getting removed automatically. As of now Commenting and then liking the post is working. 😄