Original topic:

Issue With Dex..Not able to use Smart Switch App after closing Dex mode..

(Topic created on: 04-21-2020 08:53 PM)
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Options
Samsung DeX
There is a bug or an issue with Dex Exit mode....I have both "Smart Switch" & Dex App on my Laptops running on Windows 7 & 10 and I checked this on both the laptops (7&10 Version) with latest updated version of both  apps.....When you use Smart Switch first and then you want to use Dex mode after exiting/Smart Switch App, Dex mode works properly.....
   But when you uses Dex mode first and after Completion of your task on Dex mode, you go through the Exit Dex mode...Dex mode Closes (Exit) and your Phone's Display as well as your Laptops Display returns to Normal mode..And you can do any other task on your Laptop using the apps available on your Laptop, But as soon as you Click on Smart Switch App it keep on asking for "Close Samsung Dex and then restart with Smart Switch PC" and this message will keep on reflecting untill & unless Either you Restart your Laptop...I made Correction to last line (Edit) since written Handset instead of Laptop.... And some Bug or issue is with the Synchronization of Both..

What is this ???
10 Comments
Emmanuel_J12
Options
Samsung DeX

Hey, if you're still facing the issue, then please turn out to the feedback section for help.

Kindly follow the steps as below to report an error on the feedback section.

Log in Samsung Members app > Click “+ button” at the bottom right > Click “Send feedback” > Click “Error reports” > Add detail of symptom and attach the system log data (click checkbox)

*When you abstract the log file. Please check off the pop-up message: log file delivered

You can also check this link which explains in detail the entire steps to send feedback: https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Community-Guidelines/Send-Feedback-Report-a-Bug-to-Samsung/m-p/3...

0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Samsung DeX
what is the use of Sending Error reports with Log Data ?? when you People don't have the Solution and the Same old replies...Either You haven't received the Log Data Or Reinstall the App and try it again...These are the Basic things which we first do and Confirm on our level before asking for help in this Forum...I have tried this Prior by Uninstalling and then restarting the Laptop and again installed but issue remains same, So I posted on this Forum...And Can't you People Judge that this much of Knowledge we people have by looking into the Profile & Experience the person having...Same reply for Learners as well as for Old Experience members...Let's stop this.. but for your reference I again initiated same task after receiving this Same old reply and the Result remains same..Hence tell them to fix this bug in next update with PC Version...
Xandolf
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

You think you closed DeX, but you didn't.  Task manager says you closed DeX, but you didn't.  Open DeX and go to settings (upper right corner). There is a setting that causes DeX to open when you plug in the phone.  Turn it off!  After that I had no problem with "Smart Switch" and backed up my S20 Ultra.

0 Likes
mgn_oz
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

To me this was not an issue before the update made to Windows Smart Switch app May 2020. Now I am also getting this Error message from Smart Switch.  The problem is that Dex is not exiting as far as Windows is concerned even though the Dex windows closes. Dex continues to run as a background task. If you run Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt_Del) and scroll down the Background Processes you will see Samsung Dex listed.  Select it and click End Task and it is then shut down. Smart Switch will now work correctly.

Gst26
Expert Level 5
Samsung DeX
Itna kuch karne ki jarurat hi nahi hai...Laptop ke App notification tray se Samsung Dex ko Close kar dou wo close ho gayega and you can use Smart Switch then... But my question was when we exit from Dex through systematic way by Closing it and it is Closed then it should be closed from Foreground as well as Background like others and Even Smart Switch works in same way after closing it but Dex don't work...
Maverick4
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

I tried this and it worked for me. Thanks for your helpful answer

Atsuo_13
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Try uninstalling samsung dex then run smart switch. After, reinstall samsung dex if you need it again! 😄 (works for me)

0 Likes
AJokersLife
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Hello, software engineer here and 5-year Samsung galaxy user. I had this same problem I didn't have dex turned on I even opened it and closed it and it didn't work, but I have found THE SOLUTION: press the following keys in your keyboard at the same time CTRL+ALT+DELTE, then press TASK MANAGER and in the processes section scroll down until you find DEX and right-click it with your mouse and choose END TASK, this will completely turn Dex off and it will now allow you to open Smart Switch.  

Srijesh Ghimire
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

It is simple go to taskbar find dex and end task. Alt+ctrl+delete to go to taskbar. Hope this works!

0 Likes