Original topic:

incorrect restarts

(Topic created on: 05-13-2020 10:26 AM)
Vaibhavsheth
Beginner Level 3
Options
Others
Galaxy m30s is restarting all of a sudden despite autorestart is disabled.  Happens every now and then..
5 Comments
AbhiS66
Active Level 8
Others
check if you have scheduled auto restart for performance optimization.
0 Likes
Vaibhavsheth
Beginner Level 3
Others
auto restart has already been disabled and mentioned in query right away
0 Likes
Prano
Active Level 7
Others
@Vaibhacsheth: This is due to app optimisation issue after android 10 upgrade. Same thing was happening with my M30s, for my device it was netflix app that was causing this crash. Strangely for netflixapp sometimes it shows level 3 certification instead of level 1. After finding this culprit app I had just forced stopped it as well as cleared all data and nothing wrong has happened for over a week.

So after a week I once again decided to open my Netflix app and log into my account and within few days boom, once again this problem started. So finally forced stopped it and cleared all data and disable it. After that no problem over a month.

Contacted samsung about this issue and Samsung told to contact netflix, so contacted netflix and they told to contact Samsung.

Netflix on my other device POCO F1 is working perfectly fine, so I don't think it is issue with the app.

Please not I don't have many other 3rd party apps installed in M30s as now I use it as secondary device.
0 Likes
Jiyodilse
Active Level 9
Others
u need to hard reset your device once with recovery mode only ...
0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Others

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly follow the below mentioned step to improve the performance of the device:

Check device in safe mode:

Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone or tablet allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications.

Enter safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears.>Press and hold the power off icon.

Exist safe mode: Press volume down and power key simultaneously for 5 seconds to restart the device.

Note: If your device functions correctly in Safe Mode, it is most likely that the issue lies with a 3rd party application that can be uninstalled to resolve the problem.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Samsung Members App > Feedback >Error report > Attach log file for any issue)

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,

Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes